• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Special Needs

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is your child hyperactive, or is he perhaps a tw*t?
Possibly my favourite biscuit lyric. Poults is kinda right with the "massive growth areas" thing. Like dyslexia it seems that doctors are eager to diagnose every nuance of personality as some kind of problem. That said there are still those whonare genuinely sick. I do actually know a kid who has ADHD and he's a f*cking nightmare, it's far more than just having too much energy and his parents have a constant struggle with him.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I always find this intresting....Hyper-activeness among children seems to have exploded in the past couple of decades,i cannot recall the problem when i was at school...I suspect diet is a major factor,given the amount of processed food & general rubbish that is fed to kids nowadays....

Poultice

Cull the stupid, the lazy and the terminally f*cking ignorant.

It's for the greater good.
Glasgow's gonna be a bit quiet isn't it ?

Alistair20000

And Peterbro ?

Swanaldo

Glesgae, Luton, Liverpool, Tiverton and many other 'undesirable' urban areas will be 'cleared', de-contaminated and repatriated by the righteous.

You know it makes sense.

Jordann

Fark, more than a fifth. That's awful.

My brother goes to school here in Australia, and people just don't have "special needs" here. If a child misbehaves here in school, they get a clip around the ear and told to pull up their socks or they can bugger off. They don't get diagnosed with ADHD and Dyslexia straight off the bat.

You can tell special needs children from regular kindergarten and school children. I work with special needs children, I'm trained to teach severely autistic children in their early childhood education (nursery, prep school etc) If you put a child who just won't listen because they're a fecking brat next to an autistic child and try and tell me they're the same, my head will most likely implode with anger.

/rant over.

Last edited:

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Fair point Jordann...

Jordann

And don't let me get started on prescriptions for treatment of ADHD and ADD.
Christ on a bike, we'll be here all week.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
And don't let me get started on prescriptions for treatment of ADHD and ADD.
Christ on a bike, we'll be here all week.
You think Ritalin is wrong then?

Jordann

You think Ritalin is wrong then?
Very much so. Ritalin is given out like boiled sweets to young children.
You'll find many cases of ADD and ADHD can be directly linked to food allergies and intolerances that the child suffers from. A simple change of diet and product can make the world of difference for a child who is classified as having ADD.

Last edited: