• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Special Needs

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Oh, I'm sorry, I hadn't realised insider knowledge was aka "falling for it".

The likes of HR don`t get the fact that people are allowed to have a differing opinions, he would contend that you are perhaps ill informed or somehow you have been duped into holding the view you have.
It`s called the arrogance of Left.

Jordann

Fair comment. However given a doctor's been trained in matters medical and you've been trained in matters academic, could it be that they know more than you and that your opinion is wrong? I mean, I wonder what you'd think of a doctor's opinion on how you should teach kids of primary school age.
Okay, so talking from the point of view of an Early Childhood teacher working towards a double degree in Early Childhood Education and Disability Studies, I am trained to notice the difficulties a child can have both in the classroom and outside of it, whether or not they come under the umbrella of a "special needs child". I don't deny there are children out there that suffer from ADHD and need medication to regulate their temperament in schools in order to learn. Far from it. But there are many, many children out there that are slapped with this label because their parents just want something to blame while just ignoring the other problems that their child may be facing healthwise.

There are definitely ADD and ADHD children that need medication. There are also children who are neglected by their frankly quite sh*t parents and dulled down to the point of a zombie-like state with the wrong type or amount of medication to keep them quiet.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It`s called the arrogance of Left.
As opposed to the bigoted ignorance of the right?

When have I said people can't disagree with me? I disagree with people not reading what's been written and just get of on their stupidity.

tavyred

As opposed to the bigoted ignorance of the right?
So a view that is at odds with the wishy-washy tripe you spout, is that of a bigoted ignoramous?
Sorry but the word arrogant is about right.
Jordann of course is spot on, her views incidently mirror those of my Missus who is also a primary school teacher, which is surprising as she like most teachers is a bit fluffy on matters such as these usually.
Let`s listen to the professionals at the frontline, widespread use of prescription drugs for all children "with issues" can never be the answer.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
So a view that is at odds with the wishy-washy tripe you spout, is that of a bigoted ignoramous?
So using the phrase "bigoted ignoramus" is wishy-washy. Fine.

Jordann

Sorry but the word arrogant is about right.
Jordann of course is spot on, her views incidently mirror those of my Missus who is also a primary school teacher, which is surprising as she like most teachers is a bit fluffy on matters such as these usually.
Let`s listen to the professionals at the frontline, widespread use of prescription drugs for all children "with issues" can never be the answer.
Your missus is clearly a smart woman ;)

tavyred

Your missus is clearly a smart woman ;)
Indeed she is!:)

tavyred

Nice to hear that IDS has recognised that part of the burgeoning cost(£1.5bn!!) of the Motability Scheme is down to a scam involving parents with kids with ADHD!
BMW X3 for 9K?....nice one!