• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Signing about to be announced

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Strange how he says a Physio has been offered the job yet the vacancy advertised on th e website says closing date for applications is 11th June!!
If they’ve found someone great that they want to snap up, close it early. You snooze, you lose.

Steve H

If they’ve found someone great that they want to snap up, close it early. You snooze, you lose.
I think if you advertise a job with a closing date then announce you've filled the job before that date then you open yourself up to all sorts of employment law issues and possible claims

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think if you advertise a job with a closing date then announce you've filled the job before that date then you open yourself up to all sorts of employment law issues and possible claims
I haven't seen the small print of this job advert but a lot of jobs I've applied for in a different industry have stated that the employer reserves the right to employ a suitable candidate before the deadline.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Allegedly missed out on a striker to a mighty National League side last week but still fishing apparently https://www.devonlive.com/sport/exeter-city-boss-matt-taylors-2940693

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Allegedly missed out on a striker to a mighty National League side last week but still fishing apparently https://www.devonlive.com/sport/exeter-city-boss-matt-taylors-2940693
Paul McCallum would be my guess.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seems like the assumption is that it’s Paul McCallum who went to Solihull. Scored 27 goals last season for Eastleigh so would have been a decent signing. It’s sobering to realise just how much money these tinpot clubs have to offer players...

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I see Solihull Moors have Tim Flowers as manager, and appear to be ambitious and have done well for a club formed in 2007 to reach the level they have. On crowds of barely over a thousand (average 1500) who is bank rolling them? Are they another Salford in the making

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I see Solihull Moors have Tim Flowers as manager, and appear to be ambitious and have done well for a club formed in 2007 to reach the level they have. On crowds of barely over a thousand (average 1500) who is bank rolling them? Are they another Salford in the making
They were formed of a amalgamation of Solihull Borough & Moor Green after the latter had their grandstand burnt out by vandals.
Tim Flowers did a amazing job turning dead cert relegation candidates to a team who finished 2nd in the NL.I don’t believe they have anything like the financial clout of Salford City.They were very astute in recruitment.

Boyo

I note their current liabilities are just shy of £900k. So much for FFP.

rifraf

If this is true, this really scares me.