• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Should we sack Tisdale? Serious question..

older-codger

It is a definite fact that Tis was offered and seriously considered the job at Swansea but was persuaded to stay by the directors of ECFC. What was promised in return for his staying is a different matter

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
It may not necessarily been out of loyalty to us, but more that Tis is the kind of manager who won't go to a club unless the conditions are right for him. Also, I doubt either party would have publicised how far negotiations were.
I think that GIW has hit the nail on the head. With the rolling contract he is on at City, another factor is likely to be job security. From what I have been told of his personal circumstances, money would not have to be his no. 1 motivation.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think that GIW has hit the nail on the head. With the rolling contract he is on at City, another factor is likely to be job security. From what I have been told of his personal circumstances, money would not have to be his no. 1 motivation.
But the rolling contract does give him a nice safety net.

He probably wants to build more of a reputation before moving on, which he inevitably will. He could go to, say, Swansea, not hit the ground running and get sacked. What then?

I believe that these are the actions of a someone who knows what they're doing.

ecfctis

IMHO Tis knows where he is safer for the moment. His experience at this higher level of management is very limited - only this season. His team has not performed as he had hoped, therefore this has come as much a shock to him as the rest of us. Tis is not your normal football manager, yes he is an ex-player, but he is also a thinker. He knows he needs to acquire a little more 'savi' before he moves on. Of course he will move on one day, but that will be when he feels right and confident to step up.
He is not worried about money particularly, more about his environment and his own self-belief.
When his self-belief is matched with his self confidence he will be approached again and move.
He is trying to be in control of his working environment rather than the other way, which is always likely at any football club.

cityfan13

I've not posted on here in a long time.

But i suddenly feel the urge to today as the title of this thread just really p*sses me off.

Paul Tisdale is God as far as i'm concerned, he's got us promoted last season, when in my eyes we were just a mediocre League 2 team. We still are in truth. That's why every point in this league is a bonus.

Whether we survive or not this season, There's no better manager for this club.

Some so called City fans need a proper reality check sometimes, we were always going to struggle this season, now shut your mouths and just support the f*cking team.

jr1871

City fan (Gareth??) Why does it p'ss you off? What is wrong with the discussion, I think you will find, that not one person, not a single one who has posted on here thinks Tis should be sacked. I certainly don't. But it is a relevant discussion, with the team in terrible form, and at risk of relegation. Every team, in every league in a similar position will be having the same discussions. It shows that we are all, actually totally behind Tisdale and the team, but not everybodys faith is totally blind. Or is that too subtle for you?

cityfan13

Because this particular topic doesn't even come into the head of most city supporters.

All i care about is supporting the team in the battle to stay in this league.

jr1871

But the evidence of this thread going nearly a week later suggests you are wrong, to be fair. It shows the discussion relevant, and the support given, by some with a little caution, to be total.

older-codger

This thread appears to me to have developed into a vote of confidence in Tis rather than a "sack him" thread. The feeling appears to be that, although we are having a difficult time, we stand by him, even if relegation beckons.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
To be fair I have never been his biggest fan for reasons I am still not really sure of. Maybe it's his transfer policy, negative tactics or whatever. But to be fair he is a legend and got us out of the Blue Square and league 2 so can't argue woith that. So it has to be a complete NO in regards to sacking him.

But all this talk of him not being motivated or interested in money is absolute bull! Every single person and yes, EVERY person is somewhat motivated by money end of.