• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Should we sack Tisdale? Serious question..

jr1871

Is it time to think what would have been unthinkable just a few short months ago?

Has Tis been found out in L1? For whatever reason, things are bleak, and not looking likely to get better any time soon.

Would the honeymoon period that a new manager often brings be of any use to us at the moment? Before its too late?

Look at Reading. A manager that everybody loved was sacked with the team looking likely candidates for relegation. McDermott has seen the club move away from the relegation battle, with a 5-0 win today, and are in the QF of the cup. Brave, brave decision, a gamble, that for them has paid off.

Would a similar gamble give us a better chance of avoiding relegation, or as a club, and a fanbase, are we happy with fairly possible relegation, and a rebuild in L2 next year - or should we be trying everything possible to maintain our hard won status as a L1 club.

Should we be saying to Tis, thanks for the great work, and the brilliant results, and for everything you have helped achieve off the field, but its time to move on now.

My opinion? No. We shouldn't sack Tisdale. But I would be a liar tonight if I didn't say that the idea has a little bit of merit..

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
No. Serious answer.

jr1871

Totally, absolutely 100% sure Mr Moxey? No merit in the suggestion at all?

iscalad

I would think it very unlikely he would be sacked by the club. He seems to have an input into the future of not just the team, but the clb as well.

Antony Moxey

Yep, 100% sure.

Grecian_Harryj

Well i say no for the reason of if we go down next season, i believe Tisdale would be the ideal man to take us back to league one. If we bought in a new manager he wouldnt have time to settle and we'd be stuck in league 2 with a crap manager.

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

Is it time to think what would have been unthinkable just a few short months ago?

Has Tis been found out in L1? For whatever reason, things are bleak, and not looking likely to get better any time soon.

Would the honeymoon period that a new manager often brings be of any use to us at the moment? Before its too late?

Look at Reading. A manager that everybody loved was sacked with the team looking likely candidates for relegation. McDermott has seen the club move away from the relegation battle, with a 5-0 win today, and are in the QF of the cup. Brave, brave decision, a gamble, that for them has paid off.

Would a similar gamble give us a better chance of avoiding relegation, or as a club, and a fanbase, are we happy with fairly possible relegation, and a rebuild in L2 next year - or should we be trying everything possible to maintain our hard won status as a L1 club.

Should we be saying to Tis, thanks for the great work, and the brilliant results, and for everything you have helped achieve off the field, but its time to move on now.

My opinion? No. We shouldn't sack Tisdale. But I would be a liar tonight if I didn't say that the idea has a little bit of merit..
Reading is a poor example. The incumbant prior to Macca had barely been there a season and had achieved bugger all with them. Tis has taken City from Conference play-off runners up to a League One club in consecutive seasons. It has been a very steep learning curve for him personally. He has learnt many lessons along the way but still has to learn some more. Some of these need to be done very quickly if we are to survive in League One. If he doesn't then maybe we will be in League two next season. Even if we are, surely Tis's previous successes mean thathe deserves a chance to learn the lessons that he currently hasn't got to grips with in a division where he has proven he is capable to take us on again. Maybe one step back to take two steps forward.

Last edited:

jr1871

Yep, 100% sure.
If we get relegated, would your opinion, and total support change, or would you be thinking, everybody tried the best they could, we just were not good enough / unlucky, whatever.

Without being pedantic, how far and long would your total support last? A run in L2 similar to the run this season in L1? i.e 2 wins in 16? or would there be a point at which you would think, ok, its a results driven business, and they are not good enough?

jr1871

Reading is a poor example. The incumbant prior to Macca had barely been there a season and had achieved bugger all with them. Tis has taken City from Conference play-off runners up to a League One club in consecutive seasons. It has been a very steep learning curve for him personally. He has learnt many lessons along the way but still has to learn some more. Some of these need to be done very quickly if we are to survive in League One. If he doesn't then maybe we will be in League two next season. Even if we are, surely Tis's previous successes mean thathe deserves a chance to learn the lessons that he currently hasn't got to grips with in a division where he has proven he is capable to take us on again. Maybe one step back to take two steps forward.
I disagree. I think Reading is an excellent example. The underlying point could be, that history is just that. Its the here and now. Reading paid a fortune in compensation for Rodgers, he was the wholehearted choice of squad, staff, and players alike. (Having recently been there, and succsessful in other roles for 10 years) But results were not good enough, so to protect the future of the club, Madjeski sacked him, before the bad run became terminal.

Antony Moxey

If we get relegated, would your opinion, and total support change
No it wouldn't.