• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Should Roger Conway have got a Yellow Card and finished his tenure in October?

Should Roger Conway have got a Yellow Card and finished his tenure in October?

• Yes

Votes: 17 14.4%
  • No

Votes: 101 85.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bittners a Legend

I have ben asked to post this:

"A link has been provided to the Linked-in page of one of Roger's sons. I know him and as he is not involved with the Club in any capacity and has nothing to do with this whatsoever. I would suggest that this is removed. I may have to bring this to his attention and as he is a Solicitor and the link contains details of his law firm you might well be getting into some choppy waters here. It is really not a good idea to start attaching a link to a very large law firm in London known for its litigation practice and implying that there is a connection. I am trying to help you here."
Hahahahaha. Implying a connection to what? Nobody has suggested he is involved with the "Club". What choppy waters do you possibly think Exeweb is getting into? The link contains public information. Utterly bizarre. If this is what Roger Conway was like to work with then I have tremendous sympathy for all those that have served on the BoS.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting - Get a 1-page pie chart out of the Finance Director then of cost centres and proportion of overall budget?
This is the nearest we have ever been shown. http://trust.exeweb.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Trust-AGM-Presentation-by-Edward-Chorlton-OBE-Club-Chairman.pdf

Doesn't separate players from other wages, of course. However the details of past years (though never current budgets) have been revealed on Exeweb pulling together hints and leaks coming out of the Club several times in the past, if you care to look them up.

So having asked that you answer the questions asked you have avoided them. I have sat on the Club Board and am more than aware that Mr Conway had one vote but am awaiting evidence that Roger tabled any proposal please for change. This may be termed as a rhetorical question given I may be a little more informed than you seem to realise. Second question again - what resolution is Mr Conway seeking from mediation? Simple responses will be fine thanks.
Who are you?

What was your role on the Club Board? When was your tenure? Did you effect any change during your tenure? If not, why not?

As to what RC wants that is for him and the arbitration process to determine isn't it? Broadly about avoiding the reputational damage from dismissal I guess?

I meant ALL cost centres not just playing side.
Yep and as you will know that all football clubs in the League system are bound by the same rules which state that they can only have 55% of turnover (ALL COST CENTRES included) attributed to the 'football playing budget' i.e. coaching staff, player wages, signing on fees, bonuses etc, etc are included in the football playing budget I believe.

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Incidentally, I believe that RC was on the gates committee. This committee is responsible for estimating gates.
There was a posting on here a few months back where they weren't a million miles out with their estimates.

Even more puzzling why the cash flow issues arisen at the club under the circumstances.

Anyway, I am digressing and waiting for the ever rabid loyal Grecian to bite a bit more.

hoover

Why is sharing a link that is already in the public domain in any way a problem??

Bittners a Legend

I hope both parties will accept mediation, as generally legal routes are a last resort and are costly & distractive to all parties.
What do you hope to achieve from mediation?

I think we can assume from your failure to provide any kind of evidence that the Trust hasn't damaged Roger Conway's public reputation. It's a shame you don't have the good grace to acknowledge your accusation is unfounded.

Roger Conway himself has admitted he broke the rules and been punished accordingly.

It's unthinkable the Trust Board would be able to work with somebody given that a.) they've been accused publically and unfounded by you, a friend of RC, of damaging his reputation; b.) that he has sent communications via his solicitor; c.) his failure to declare the loan to all Trust Board members would presumably make it very difficult for those who were misled to be able to trust him again.

What is there to be achieved by mediation?

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
As to what RC wants that is for him and the arbitration process to determine isn't it? Broadly about avoiding the reputational damage from dismissal I guess?
I would suggest that by attempting to avoid reputational damage he put in the public eye, he will only further damage his reputation.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
But he wasn't dismissed by the Trust, there was nothing to "dismiss" him from.

He was elected to serve on the Trust Board, in his capacity as a Member of the Trust. He was not employed by them, and as part of his role as an unpaid Board Member agreed to abide by its Rules and Code of Conduct. He was expelled from the Trust under those Rules, for a serious breach of said Rules.

End of.

Bittners a Legend

Broadly about avoiding the reputational damage from dismissal I guess?
Here you go again. He ADMITTED breaking the rules and received a punishment as such. He then went public. The Trust have nothing to answer for on this front. There was no dismissal. It's not the Trust's fault if his reputation has been damaged, and there is little evidence of this either, as a result of HIM breaking the rules.

EDIT: and given this is at the crux of the whole matter how about NOT being "broad" but actually being specific.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.