• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Should Roger Conway have got a Yellow Card and finished his tenure in October?

Should Roger Conway have got a Yellow Card and finished his tenure in October?

• Yes

Votes: 17 14.4%
  • No

Votes: 101 85.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they want to throw away all of their resources on a hopeless cause, end up paying RC a large sum of money and probably deliver the club into the hands of RK and PT then sure. As a member of the Trust I for one would absolutely not support this. It would cause a huge amount of disruption and ensure that nobody ever again volunteered.
Just a question as I personally have nothing to gain whatever happens with the whole sorry mess but why do you think that it would be a hopeless cause and that the Trust would end up paying RC a large sum of money? Surely from what even FORC has said and RC said on his website he broke the rules either fully knownly or mistakenly and got his Trust membership rescinded, but his argument is that there are others that should also have their Trust membership rescinded as they were also made aware of his loan? Is it not fair to say that there is a very good chance that RC by doing his own litigating is simply going to be throwing his money down the drain in an attempt to get 2/3 other people off of the BOS with no real chance of him getting reinstated for 6 weeks before he would have to go anyway?

Thanks for the answer, spoken like a true fan. :)

I think the issue regarding cashflow isn't quite as black and white as you make out, I would envisage any decent business has management accounts that would show a "worst case scenario" which may well mean cutbacks have to be made, they've generally been made on the pitch, not off it. This in turn, debatably, ensured that the team wasn't improved enough to bring fans back. As you say collective responsibility hasn't worked here. EC was still suggesting in May that there was no issues, when anyone with a brain could tell there was.

However, RC was ousted for breaking rules regarding the loan made, the situation surrounding it makes little difference because this had been on the cards for a few years.

Re the Trusts plan B, I have no idea, but I fear legal action will only slow the already laborious process further. Further hurting the fans and the club in general.
Thanks.

The admin slice of the cake is going to be very small when compared to the playing budget, pitch costs etc - limits room for manoeuvre?

I hope both parties will accept mediation, as generally legal routes are a last resort and are costly & distractive to all parties.

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Oddly the players wages are less than 45% of turnover and that's me being generous.

Just two points that are perplexing me FORC and I hope you won't avoid the direct question. One - What resolution is your client (sorry friend) looking for? and second what evidence can you point to in the six years of involvement Roger had of proposals that he instigated for change (even if they weren't passed). The perception held by others is that Roger was very much at the heart of decision making and happy for the status Quo to be maintained - can this theory be disproved by action/s to the contrary please?

Tony
The Trust Board has had all the Board minutes and reports over the six years. RC had but one vote.

Why not take a leaf out of GrecianOz's book (where his evidenced post has unearthed a relevant fact) and look at the last years minutes to see what ACTUALLY occurred, rather than speculating and drawing conclusion based upon speculation?

Oddly the players wages are less than 45% of turnover and that's me being generous.
Interesting - Get a 1-page pie chart out of the Finance Director then of cost centres and proportion of overall budget?

Saint James

The Trust Board has had all the Board minutes and reports over the six years. RC had but one vote.

Why not take a leaf out of GrecianOz's book (where his evidenced post has unearthed a relevant fact) and look at the last years minutes to see what ACTUALLY occurred, rather than speculating and drawing conclusion based upon speculation?
So having asked that you answer the questions asked you have avoided them. I have sat on the Club Board and am more than aware that Mr Conway had one vote but am awaiting evidence that Roger tabled any proposal please for change. This may be termed as a rhetorical question given I may be a little more informed than you seem to realise. Second question again - what resolution is Mr Conway seeking from mediation? Simple responses will be fine thanks.

A link has been provided to the Linked-in page of one of Roger's sons. I know him and as he is not involved with the Club in any capacity and has nothing to do with this whatsoever. I would suggest that this is removed. I may have to bring this to his attention and as he is a Solicitor and the link contains details of his law firm you might well be getting into some choppy waters here. It is really not a good idea to start attaching a link to a very large law firm in London known for its litigation practice and implying that there is a connection. I am trying to help you here.

Last edited:
Interesting - Get a 1-page pie chart out of the Finance Director then of cost centres and proportion of overall budget?
As you will know the most the 'football playing budget' can be is 55% of turnover. :)

As you will know the most the 'football playing budget' can be is 55% of turnover. :)
I meant ALL cost centres not just playing side.

I have ben asked to post this:

"A link has been provided to the Linked-in page of one of Roger's sons. I know him and as he is not involved with the Club in any capacity and has nothing to do with this whatsoever. I would suggest that this is removed. I may have to bring this to his attention and as he is a Solicitor and the link contains details of his law firm you might well be getting into some choppy waters here. It is really not a good idea to start attaching a link to a very large law firm in London known for its litigation practice and implying that there is a connection. I am trying to help you here."
Whoever did the link is a numpty and I agree with FORC that they need to get it off asap as that isn't particularly clever if you ask me.

On the flip side at least we know that RC's legal fight will be handled you would imagine by his son or his son's company at least so in all likelihood not particularly expensive for him to take the fight to the Trust as it were. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.