• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sheffield Saturday Siege

ECFC traveller

F*CKING DO IT LAD.

If the rozzers quiz you, say I did it.
"Excuse me, it wasn't me who set it off, it was some 'Anonymous' person in the crowd, not quite sure which one, get investigating' " something like that?

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
The acrid stench of a smoke bomb mixed with the sweet smell of hypocrisy....

....all week people have been linking youtube videos of St Pauli, Fenerbahce, etc and most of the comments have been along the lines of (quite rightly) how those grounds have a much better atmosphere than English grounds. Personally I don't think he should do it but only because he would get banned (or seemingly frame some other sod) rather than because it wouldn't improve the atmosphere.

Would this thread even exist on the forum of a club whose support we are apparently envying? Of course not - every other f*cker would have a smoke bomb and scores would add flares to the mix. Every part of me that is English thinks 'massive safety hazard' but how many times do the flares actually cause a serious problem? I would be surprised if there are many on here who don't think they look like quality terraces to be on....

These comments about people choking their guts up don't seem very plausible to me - are you going to stop your sons going to a bonfire night in a weeks' time? The smoke will be much thicker in the air.
It's not theoretical. Ask my mates how much I was coughing last time one was let off. Genuinely very uncomfortable

Alan Shearer

This thread I think proves the point that you will need your own forum.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
"Excuse me, it wasn't me who set it off, it was some 'Anonymous' person in the crowd, not quite sure which one, get investigating' " something like that?
Ignore all these bellends. If you wanna do it go for it, just be prepared for any consequences that should occur.

F*ck me the reason this country is full of sh*t atmospheres is the fact that everyone is so precious and easily offended.

This proves my point that we don't have the culture to carry off the kind of atmospheres that other countries do.

ECFC traveller

Ignore all these bellends. If you wanna do it go for it, just be prepared for any consequences that should occur.

F*ck me the reason this country is full of sh*t atmospheres is the fact that everyone is so precious and easily offended.

This proves my point that we don't have the culture to carry off the kind of atmospheres that other countries do.
"Debate" All these health and safety old farts are spoiling it. It just seems, what's the point if half the fans don't want one?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Ha, love the implication that older posters are "health and safety", given presumably many of them attended Football matches when there was no such thing.

ECFC traveller

Ha, love the implication that older posters are "health and safety", given presumably many of them attended Football matches when there was no such thing.
My point is, when has a flare or smoke bomb ever actually caused harm or anything? Not in my 16 years on this planet anyway.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member

ECFC traveller

##LINK REMOVED##

##LINK REMOVED##
I'm not "Throwing it" so that's the BBC story gone.

And for the Motherwell one are you aware it was let off in a very congested area? Also, well not sure if you've actually read it but the only thing it says are "Minor injuries" which probably just means "mild" rubbing's of the eyes. And so on.

**** Sorry! Web links not allowed for new users ****
This is an effort to combat spam postings. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not "Throwing it" so that's the BBC story gone.

And for the Motherwell one are you aware it was let off in a very congested area? Also, well not sure if you've actually read it but the only thing it says are "Minor injuries" which probably just means "mild" rubbing's of the eyes. And so on.

**** Sorry! Web links not allowed for new users ****
This is an effort to combat spam postings. We apologise for any inconvenience.
You said you were going to throw it, in a cowardly act of avoiding detection (I assume you like to wear a scarf covering your face too! ;))

Minor injury means just that, not a bit of skin irritation.