• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sheffield Saturday Siege

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Agree with all that Phil

ECFC traveller

The acrid stench of a smoke bomb mixed with the sweet smell of hypocrisy....

....all week people have been linking youtube videos of St Pauli, Fenerbahce, etc and most of the comments have been along the lines of (quite rightly) how those grounds have a much better atmosphere than English grounds. Personally I don't think he should do it but only because he would get banned (or seemingly frame some other sod) rather than because it wouldn't improve the atmosphere. Would this thread even exist on the forum of a club whose support we are apparently envying? Of course note - every other f*cker would have a smoke bomb and scores would add flares to the mix.

These comments about people choking their guts up don't seem very plausible to me - are you going to stop your sons going to a bonfire night in a weeks' time? The smoke will be much thicker in the air.
I agree - Also the smoke bombs are designed to not have an effect on Asthma, I have it and so do many other friends who were pretty much next to the one when we played Argyle and the only thing that mildly hurt were my eyes. I do agree St pauli chants get the atmosphere better than such "smoke bombs and flares" but heh, we could always do both. But as i've said, I wont be doing it. To many old farts out here these days spoiling the fun. If they keep ruining it this much the younger generation of kids will slowly go away and where will this club be in 15-20 years? Have about 1,000 supporters. You need to keep the younger generation happy because they are the future. But once again. I wont do it.

LOG

all week people have been linking youtube videos of St Pauli, Fenerbahce, etc and most of the comments have been along the lines of (quite rightly) how those grounds have a much better atmosphere than English grounds.
Has anyone posted on this thread to say that he shouldn't let off a smoke bomb because it's dangerous who has also said elsewhere how great they are when it's St Pauli or wherever else?

Genuine question, i haven't really followed the siege threads that closely.

ECFC traveller

Has anyone posted on this thread to say that he shouldn't let off a smoke bomb because it's dangerous who has also said elsewhere how great they are when it's St Pauli or wherever else?

It's not "Dangerous" I've already said I'm not doing it so why are you continuing the silly thing on, else I might have a change of mind ;)

LOG

It's not "Dangerous" I've already said I'm not doing it so why are you continuing the silly thing on, else I might have a change of mind ;)
Jesus Navas. Are you being deliberately obtuse?

1 - I wasn't talking to you
2 - I have never said that i thought that they were dangerous
3 - My point all along has been that, whatever you may think of them, they are against ground regulations and will most likely get you a lengthy ban if you're collared, so is it worth it?

Last edited:

ECFC traveller

Jesus Navas. Are you being deliberately obtuse?

1 - I wasn't talking to you
2 - I have never said that i thought that they were dangerous
3 - My point all along has been that, whatever you may think of them, they are against ground regulations and will most likely get you a lengthy ban if you're collared, so is it worth it?
Why'd I get a lengthy ban, one at Argyle just got a talking to, hes there every saturday still.

LOG

Why'd I get a lengthy ban, one at Argyle just got a talking to, hes there every saturday still.
F*ck it, i give up, you win.

Phil Sayers

I haven't checked so I take your implicit point that if different people are saying different things then they aren't being hypocrites. However many people were saying that the 'European atmosphere' was a good thing and I can't see any argument, that convinces me anyway, whereby smoke bombs are dangerous.

Unwanted by some certainly but causing asmtha attacks seems a bit extreme - if not then England is one of the few safe havens for football enthusiastic asmthatic children in the world. Granted that is possible but I have been in close proximity to a few smoke bombs being set off and it really doesn't seem that bad.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
F*CKING DO IT LAD.

If the rozzers quiz you, say I did it.

ECFC traveller

F*ck it, i give up, you win.
I'm not setting it off.