• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sheff Wed Fans Reaction....

bumble1976

Looking up optimistically...unless I get depressed
Like many have said, they are playing us because over the (last) season, they proved conclusively that they were not good enough for the CCC. Amazes me how teams that make the drop down to a "lower" league assume there is some kind of "no man's land" betweem the two leagues and that, therefore, we have no right to grace the same pitch, we should be grateful for their massive away support etc etc.

It's why the likes of Leeds struggled for two seasons in this league before getting their act together, putting a sensible manager in the hot seat and playing teams on their merit.

I dare say we struggled in this way (at least in part) in the BSP when we went down. It feels like Luton did the same last year...and again have got a more sensible manager in charge and make a proper first of things, and to treat opposition teams with the respect they deserve.

Did we do the same to Curzon? Probably, but that is more justifiable - we were not in the same league and so should expect to beat them. Just like Ipswich would have expected to beat us this year. But once you end up in the same league based on a season's form, there can be no excuse for expecting to win.

In fairness, we know little about management's attitude, and all of this is coming from their fans. But ain't it funny!!!

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Remember how we got all these comments in L2 as well.Better comedy reading it than whats on TV over Christmas.:p

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
Love it.

May birtie big balls teams like Wednesday and the TV and the papers and any other so called experts continue to underestimate little 'ol Exeter. And before you know it, we will be in the championship.

And then people will scratch their heads and wonder how did they get there?

Because "we ARE Exeter" and we have a pretty good team, with an excellent manager and a club set up that is probably one of the best in the football league. Not to mention supporters who truly love their club and will do anything to help out.

There are no personalities, no bertie big balls in our team - just a genuine desire to do well for the team that continues to duck under the radar.....

EXETER CITY FOOTBALL CLUB.

Love it!

Last edited:

Grecian2K

Reckon they should change their name to Sheffield Whingeday

berniesworld

Hear hear, lol

Alistair20000

I love that. [y]

One of their fans told us yesterday we were doing a good job in getting the match on and felt we deserved a goal. No doubt he thought they would score several.

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
I won't ever see the point in joining another club's forum, with one exception - to leave any messages of condolence. That's why I joined Rushden's boards recently, and have now left it again. The dribble on owlstalk from us was embarassing, it was that 'sweet' I'm surprised I haven't now got diabetes.

The Wednesday fans I met in town were OK, there were plenty in there that respect us as a good league one club, just nice to throw it back at the ones who seemed to think we were below them generally as a club. Only have to look at teams like Oxford and Cambridge to see how far a 'big' club can fall.

Just one final thought - maybe it's actually Exeter who are now punching below their weight, and not Wednesday?

KingBilly

One of their fans told us yesterday we were doing a good job in getting the match on and felt we deserved a goal. No doubt he thought they would score several.
Yes, seen that posted on another thread. Patronising git. Hope he wakes up this morning and thinks a bit differently about our club.

exehausted2

When we went to Old Trafford I spoke to a lad who was a genuine Mancunian fan, very pleasant, and he finished with "I hope you score". I remember thinking "I bet he's changed his mind on that one" when we got to about 80 minutes! It's just 11 v 11.

owlsonlineadmin

Fair play on the result and the perfomance, you looked a better outfit than most this season.

Cureton has the knack of scoring against us everytime we play, I think your club deserve a lot of credit for getting that on.

We weren't good enough, defensively we were poor, Purse was atrocious.

Had some good banter on the train platform post game and a mini snowball fight.

The train journey was straightforward, unlike me pals who drove and didn't get in whilst 7am yesterday