• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Season Tickets 2017/18

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Paperclip; The survey a few years ago requested that these were separated out and not hidden. The charge works out the same as last year and only contributes to offset some of the costs, tickets, wallets, stationary, banking charges (and these can be well over £5 if a credit card is used - even 3% of a £300 ticket is £9 ! ) and other costs.
Tosh. The tickets, wallets and stationary ARE the tickets - that's what we are paying for. What are the 'other costs' that are not included above that we're also having to pay for?

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Hmmm. A few weeks ago we had many under 16s including Ethan described as having 'signed' scholarship terms.

Followed swiftly by a correction that they 'had been offered'....

(no Lee Holmes pictured though/)
Would hope it is correct, would be a big PR own goal imo if they turn out not to be in contract next season.

Bittners a Legend

Tosh. The tickets, wallets and stationary ARE the tickets - that's what we are paying for. What are the 'other costs' that are not included above that we're also having to pay for?
Agree entirely. When you buy a season ticket you are already paying for all of that stuff. It the club sells 1,300 tickets it'll be worth an extra £6,500 earned through very cynical means. These cynical, absurd hidden charges are exactly the sort of thing a Trust owned football club should be embarrassed about. If you want to charge a credit card fee or postage then fine - everything else should be included in the price and sold as so.

paperclip

Hi Terry, thanks for the additional information.

You ask what there is to complain about as the additional fees are only 1.5% of the ST cost, but in actual fact it's more than that. My email clearly states that if I want next years ST posted out then there is a postage fee of £1.50. Fair enough, but the 'banking and service charge' then increases to £6.50 as well. Why the additional increase? The admin fee thus becomes £8, ie a total of £307. But that's only applicable if I go into reception and pay in cash, if I want to pay by card then there's a further 50p charged. Therefore what started as a 1.5% fee becomes (in most cases) closer to 3%.

I appreciate the clubs efforts to break down the components of the additional fees, but a lot of them don't seem to actually make a lot of sense, and calling it a 'banking and service fee' is misleading when actually no banking costs are covered and there is an additional fee to pay to cover payment by card.

I'm not worried about these extra costs, I'll be renewing anyway, but if the club really IS trying to be transparent with these fees (and isn't just concerned with picking up an extra £7k in income from its most loyal supporters) then might I suggest communication to fans could be worded so much better?

Last edited:

Terryhall

Is it definitely an increase of the admin fee to £6.50, or is it that the total fee becomes £6.50 (£5 admin fee plus £1.50 postage fee)?

Genuine question as I'm not sure, but that was what I would have expected based on the info published on the OS?

paperclip

Is it definitely an increase of the admin fee to £6.50, or is it that the total fee becomes £6.50 (£5 admin fee plus £1.50 postage fee)?

Genuine question as I'm not sure, but that was what I would have expected based on the info published on the OS?
Sorry, not clever enough to paste a copy, but on my email it states that but total price if ST is posted out is £307, broken down as £299 ticket price, £6.50 service fee, plus £1.50 postage (clearly listed separately).

Makes no sense.

Last edited:

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry, not clever enough to paste a copy, but on my email it states that but total price if ST is posted out is £307, broken down as £299 ticket price, £6.50 service fee, plus £1.50 postage (clearly listed separately).

Makes no sense.
I'm pretty sure this is a typing / computer input error, my letter clearly says £5.00 to collect £6.50 total to post out.

Suggest you let the Club know about this, so they can correct.

Maybe there's something on this page that'll explain a few things ?

http://www.cardswitcher.co.uk/2016/05/uk-card-processing-fees-change-2016-2/

.........my brain is too squiffed to take it all in atm

denzel

Blimey, what a load of fuss over nothing.

I think I'm with Terry on this.

IndoMike

Have you complained to the club?