• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Scunthorpe United v Exeter City - Matchday Thread

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well done to the players and Matt. Tonight's performance was nigh on faultless and an absolute joy to watch at times. First to every loose ball, incisive and inventive in attack and defensively very solid. We looked too good for League Two.

If only we could play on that pitch every game.
If Newport can change pitches why can't we ?

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Only problem for Matt T is with Parkesy & Sweeney available does he change back line ?
What happens when Williams and Stubbs are fit ?
Don't change a winning team - Crawley away being a case in point.

Red Bill

Can't believe that's Jack Sparkes's first league goal. When he made his breathtaking 15 minute debut away at Swindon a few seasons ago and nearly won us the game with a 25 yard rocket that smacked off the post, I thought that lads going to get us a lot of goals.
So pleased for him!

ecfc-boy

If Newport can change pitches why can't we ?
New port don’t own there pitch 3teams play there that how they can afford it

Red Bill

New port don’t own there pitch 3teams play there that how they can afford it
I think GiG was referring to the fact they've been given permission to play elsewhere.

Legohead

Banned
Just a question about the ifollow commentary. Tonight for example, did the Scunny fans get the same commentary as we did or did they get their own commentary team? I ask as for the Stevenage game a few weeks back the commo team were clearly Stevenage fans yet at Newport & Colchester we got an Exeter commentary team, as we did tonight. Confused.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not going to get carried away, but suddenly autos look very much on again. Obviously a huge game Saturday, I really hope we turn up for that one and put together a winning run thats been missing since early season.

Have to say McCardle had a good game tonight, I think he's starting to show why MT brought him after heavy criticism. Jay is a lower a league Messi, some of his touches are genius, I love watching him play. Key is looking back to his old self. It was really solid away performance and was extra pleasing alongside tonight's results. Also how refreshing is it to have a keeper with such safe hands from crosses. No more Maxsted flapping thank god.

Grecian Max

Not to worried how other teams have got on or where we are in the table, keep winning and we're up!
On the surface, yes you can say that, but with the way the points are being spread at the moment it certainly makes sense to keep an eye on everyone else... the point tally will be lower this year I think.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just a question about the ifollow commentary. Tonight for example, did the Scunny fans get the same commentary as we did or did they get their own commentary team? I ask as for the Stevenage game a few weeks back the commo team were clearly Stevenage fans yet at Newport & Colchester we got an Exeter commentary team, as we did tonight. Confused.
I turned over to Home commentary at the end - Scunny had their own commentary team.
I thought our commentator was better than BBC again - sadly don't know who he is ?
Afram City

Grecian Max

Great win but what a frustrating set of scorelines elsewhere.
Huh? Really confused about this one....

Tranmere won at Southend, fair enough.

Newport winning against Bradford was important because Bradford have been on excellent form for 15 or so games, top of the league over that period. Newport aren't anything special and we'll finish above them so a good result there.

FGR 2-2 with Morecambe is perfect

Salford lost again

Carlisle drew with bottom of the table

Bolton beat Cambridge, would have maybe wanted a draw, but draws Cambridge right back into it

And Cheltenham lost....

You looking at the wrong date? :ROFLMAO: