• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Scunthorpe away

bazcabs

Who's going & where to drink?

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I will probably go.(see what I feel like on Sat morning) I have not been to Glanford Park since the 1st season that Scunny moved there(1988)..Dunno about drinks.There was nothing around the ground in those days..

Olivia's dad

Banned (PM)
I remember going on a tuesday night about 10 years ago to scunthorpe,think there was only about 3 city fans.

Oldsmobile-88

I remember going on a tuesday night about 10 years ago to scunthorpe,think there was only about 3 city fans.
Not the most appealing fixture for a mid-weeker..Come to think,its not that appealing for a Saturday !...

One of my favourite trips was a Scunthorpe game.The last league fixture at the Old Show Ground..Dean Edwards scored in the last minute(with the aid of his hand) to deny Scunny automatic promotion.The locals were understandably not happy at the end of the game..:D.

les.gtfc

There's The Old Farmhouse right next to the ground which welcomes away fans and the next nearest pub which is only about a 5 minute walk away is The Berkeley which is on the roundabout heading back into Scunny Town Centre.

There are plenty of pubs in the Town Centre but they're about a 20-30 minute walk from the ground, as is the train station. You should have a good chance of winning this season, as I won't be joining you all this time. :)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The Honest Lawyer will probably be used by the Exiles. Just around the corner from the station.
http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/32/32899/Honest_Lawyer/Scunthorpe

les.gtfc

The Honest Lawyer will probably be used by the Exiles. Just around the corner from the station.
http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/32/32899/Honest_Lawyer/Scunthorpe
I met a few Grecians in there the season before last after your game. It's a fair trek to the ground from there though so probably a good idea to sort a taxi share out.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

grecian55

Had a couple of pints of Sam Smith's in The Berkley before the last game at Scunny, the landlord, staff and customers couldn't have been nicer if they tried ,very welcoming people ,the 3 of us fancied a game of pool in the other bar where we would have to go out the main door and walk around to the other bar but barmaid lifted the hatch and said walk through behind bar and save your selves a walk ,proper job.

denzel

Glandford Park?

I'll be there. Hope for a good turnout and a better performance than last week