The Things You Need to Know: Glanford Park
– Scunthorpe United, Glanford Park, Jack Brownsword Way, Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire. DN15 8TD
– Stadium size: 9100, Seated except one home end.
– What is the stadium like: Built in 1988. Away fans are housed in the South Stand. Pillars can obstruct views. Access to facilities under the stand are poor.
– POTG or ticket entry. Entry is pay on the gate. Entry is priced at Adult: £21, Over-60: £14, 18 to under-21: £14, Under-18: £10, Under-16: £5.
– Ticket information can be found on the official site – Here.
– Bar inside the ground? Yes.
– what is the away end like? Okay. 1650 capacity and seated. Beware the support poles getting in the way!
– arrangements for disabled supporters. Housed in the home end (side) with 4 places available. Check for information here.
– Sat Nav post code: DN15 8TD. Directions from St James Park to Glanford Park here. Large car park at the stadium.
– Mileage: 276 miles each way (mostly motorway), fuel costs in the region of £104. Likely travel time 4 hours 10 minutes each way.
– Train from Exeter St Davids. A return without a railcard will set you back £132.70. Departing Exeter St Davids at 07.23 arriving in Scunthorpe at 12.46, change at Sheffield at 11.17, getting the 11.24 to Scunthorpe. Returning from Scunthorpe at 17.18, arriving at Sheffield at 1841 and then catching the 18.54 to Exeter St Davids arriving at 22.43.
– more information on travel can be found here – Ground Guide.
– Tourist Information Board website: Visit Scunthorpe.
Any decent pubs?
A few. If coming by train then try the Honest Lawyer, just around the corner from the station. Probably need a taxi from here to the ground though.
The Berkeley Hotel will admit away supporters, but may restrict the wearing of colours. Close to the ground.
The Old Farmhouse is also near the ground and may also restrict the wearing of colours.