• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Salford City v Exeter City Matchday Thread

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
True but there are so many clubs around that neck of the woods already that I can't see them growing their fan base. In addition there is a thriving non league scene around there too with the likes of FC United, Altrincham, Radcliffe Borough etc.
I thought FC United and SFC were the same fan base , Neither can afford a S/T at old trafford and there's more chance of meeting an ex man u player at SFC ! lol

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
True but there are so many clubs around that neck of the woods already that I can't see them growing their fan base. In addition there is a thriving non league scene around there too with the likes of FC United, Altrincham, Radcliffe Borough etc.
Success will breed the fan base in the same way failure loses it. There was a time Oldham were getting five figure crowds in The Premier League, now they're struggling to get 4000 into Boundary Park. The Class of 92 aren't going to walk away any time soon. They've had to pump money in to start with ( you don't transform the ground, for example, in the manner they have without it) but I don't think they're going to chuck money into a bottomless pit. They will try and make it as sound as an investment as football will allow. You might think I'm being naive but that was certainly the impression I got from watching The Class if 92 programme.

StroudGrecian

The difference between Salford and Village Green Rovers is that Salford have the catchment of the Greater Republic of Mancunia to tap any success in to whereas Village Green have Nailsworth and not a lot else.
120,000 live in Stroud District Harris, plus another 180,000 in Gloucester whose club currently play in Evesham and wouldn't support Cheltenham Town if you paid them to.

Mind you, Gloucester is mostly rugby and before FGR & Cheltenham became league clubs most football fans around those parts already supported other teams like Swindon, Bristol Rovers, Villa and Exeter ;)

Spoonz Red E

The difference between Salford and Village Green Rovers is that Salford have the catchment of the Greater Republic of Mancunia to tap any success in to whereas Village Green have Nailsworth and not a lot else.
Which is presumably why this chap will bankroll them until he has a 'big Manchester club' in his portfolio.

He'll get his money's worth if not his Nailsworth.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh no they've confiscated the d
Be good to hear thoughts on the ground etc from some of you that were there given it was our first visit.
Nice Conference ground, friendly staff on the turnstiles and in the catering outlets and the stewards, although having to earn their corn at times, were too. It was damn cold and having steel terraces underfoot made it feel worse.

eurogrecian

Salford looked a tidy outfit and with a bit more realism in front of goal, will give any team in our league a stern test on that form.
Toilets in a converted shipping container was a first for me!

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maxted got MoM and his saves were great and saved the match for us but outfield Archie was exceptional. Great performance by him.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ryan Bowman always works hard all over the pitch, never hides brings a lot to the team and I was delighted to see him get on the score sheet.

Could be that other Clubs are starting to sit up and take notice too TalkSport Adrian Durham saying there is higher division interest in him.

Ryan Bowman always works hard all over the pitch, never hides brings a lot to the team and I was delighted to see him get on the score sheet.

Could be that other Clubs are starting to sit up and take notice too TalkSport Adrian Durham saying there is higher division interest in him.
Really 😂😂😂😂

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Adrian is always pretty well informed so perhaps a little unwise to start laughing just yet