• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Risdale the grim reaper

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
You get the feeling that it would be a better option for the Gargs to accept administration now, form a trust and take control of their own destiny.
Could never happen mate...Porkus has this life-long abhorence of plastic buckets.

STURTZ

Could never happen mate...Porkus has this life-long abhorence of plastic buckets.
Sorry G2K old chum, forgot, Plymouth are far too big for all that stuff aren't they?

Grecian2K

Sorry G2K old chum, forgot, Plymouth are far too big for all that stuff aren't they?
True, they're up there with all those Premier League giants, aren't they?
(Luton, Cambridge, York, Mansfield etc.....oh, and Crawley too :$)

SDRighton

yeah, simple. Just form a trust, wander into the boardroom and say "we're in charge now" and I imagine they'll all just say "oh, okay then" pack up their stuff and leave.
This is a very good point. When all those Swansea fans were coming onto our messageboards saying "don't go near Russell and Lewis", we couldn't do anything. It wasn't our decision.

It's the same with Plymouth. It's all very well Cardiff fans warning them in great detail about Ridsdale, but unless the Argyle board develop a brain cell between them (or, God forbid, the FA develop a "fit and proper test" that works), there's bugger all any of the fans can do about it. Other than gunning down Ridsdale in the street of course, which I guess in Plymouth remains a possibility.

Oli

Hmm.

Bottom line is that I like the bloke. He justifies the attitude by " It's banter , and this is exeweb". I think he's seriously hacked off by the fact the smaller brother is duffing up the older one. Reminds me a bit like Ed M.
Leave me out of this.

Just how much of a bad financial state are Argyle in? I know they lost almost £3m this year, but how big is their overall debt and who is it to?

Mackster

Leave me out of this.

Just how much of a bad financial state are Argyle in? I know they lost almost £3m this year, but how big is their overall debt and who is it to?
And this is why Porkus is welcoming Ridsdale. They are so deep in the sh*t, a Trust would make no difference whatsover in this case. As he keeps telling us, they are a bigger club, therefore they are going to have a far bigger debt than we had. It shows the appalling state they are in when he is the best bet they have.

The attitude seems to be that they are so far in debt, its worth taking a punt even if that loads another £10m on the club. It's a game the suits can play, because they can just walk away at the end of the day. Just another amazing decision to add to JapTV and the New World Order. I'm just waiting for Ginsters to pull out.

IBA

Here's How The Argyle welcomed their previous regime 'way back' in those heady days of 2009!

To quote the Herald Friday, July 03, 2009

"PLYMOUTH Argyle is under new management after a deal to buy the club was finally announced.

A consortium of international and local businesses is buying a controlling share in the holding company that owns Plymouth Argyle Football Club, saying it will establish a ‘New World’ for PAFC, targeting Premier League football within five years and expanding e-commerce operations based around the club’s brand".

STURTZ

I've heard they are withdrawing already, aparently associating the dressing up and selling of rotting offal products is beginning to have an effect on sales and Ginsters want out.:D

Last edited:

Mackster

I've heard they are withdrawing already, aparently associating the dressing up and selling of rotting offal products is beginning to have an effect on sales and Ginsters want out.:D
Kagami wants rid of Ginsters as they don't appeal to the millions of Green Army fans in Japan. He now has the following sponsor lined up which is more in tune with the Argyle image:

IBA

Research on Risdale

1) once the full extent of what Ridsdale and his board had done at Elland Road was discovered by the fans this relationship vanished and he is now best remembered by Leeds supporters for the financial and relegation nightmares that the club found themselves in, going from a top flight Premier League club to a League One club in the space of three seasons.

2) Under Ridsdale's stewardship the club borrowed £60m against future gate receipts, effectively gambling on Leeds qualifying for the Champions League in successive seasons, which they failed to do. Ridsdale has repeatedly denied any blame with regard to the later situation of the club but has also conflictingly admitted it was a mistake to allow David O'Leary to spend so lavishly on players.By the time Ridsdale stepped down in March 2003, Leeds were £103 million in debt and failing on the field.

3) Risdale was also owner of Barnsley for a while, rescuing them from folding after dropping from the Premier League to Division Two and loss of revenue from the ITV Digital collapse. Some saw him as a major mistake at Barnsley as he nearly made the club go into liquidation before Gordon Shepherd and Patrick Cryne took over at Oakwell.

4) Ris then became deputy Chairman of Cardiff City,in October 2006 The clubs debts were estimated at £35m, and losing £10m each year, according to Ridsdale.

5) In mid-2007, Ridsdale campaigned to become a member of the Football Association of Wales council and hoped to be elected as one of six south Wales representatives on Welsh football's ruling body. However, when the vote took place in July he finished bottom of the candidates with just fourteen votes.

6) Whilst at Cardiff Ridsdale was forced to apologise for "misleading" fans when he conceded money raised during Christmas period 2009 from season ticket renewals for 2011 had to be spent on settling debts rather than reinforcements

7).The club was estimated to have between £10m and £30m of debt., and faced a fifth winding up order over a £1.9m tax bill. The publishing of the financial accounts for year 2009 in August 2010 revealed that the clubs actual debt was £66 million!!!, leading to concerns over the continued existence of the club.