• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rightwing and Older Codger....

greenawayr

Bondy, I had you down as a man of the people, someone who might breathe some life into the BoS. I thought you would have embraced some robust debate as a means of effecting change. Instead it appears someone's inserted a stick up your arse and had your personality surgically removed.
As someone who only has the odd chance to pop onto exeweb at the moment I have to be honest and say I'm completely dismayed at the state of the place.

I first started reading and contributing when I was at Uni in 2000 and it's definitely not the place it once was.

There is robust debate, and that's fine, but if you think that some of the utter drivel that is posted on exeweb constitutes that, then you need to get away from the computer screen and experience some more human interaction, face to face and see how far that robust debate goes then. It seems the majority of exeweb members have been drawn into this "contrarian with a dictionary of swear words" approach to "debate".

Most exeweb threads start well before descending into drivel and as a result exeweb achieves a lot less than the BoS that it's continually slating.

There are some very valid issues, points and opinions raised on this site, it's just a pity they struggle to get read in amongst the rubbish that accumulates around them.

Ampadu19

Greenawayr - I can only second your opinion. I think people need to respect others a lot more on here these days.

I find myself reading this site less and less these days as when I do make an effort it is to full of detritus. This main forum constantly seems to be ful of stuff that should be on the banter part of the site.

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Its not on WoW's. Some creep (no names of course) alerted it to the mods, and you know how that goes. ^o)

Although, what its got to do with the EW Developement Forum beats me!
It was at the time Pete. I hope that my post alerted it to the mods.

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
What a load of old sh*t!

Bondy, I had you down as a man of the people, someone who might breathe some life into the BoS. I thought you would have embraced some robust debate as a means of effecting change. Instead it appears someone's inserted a stick up your arse and had your personality surgically removed.

What happened man? :-O

I don't get all this flouncing, some people are taking themselves way to seriously. We're all City fans, and even people I vehemently disagree with, I'd sit down any day of the week and have a beer with them.

Be careful for what you wish for, Exeweb is in danger of mirroring that one down the A38, an internet version of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

Can I have my pills now please Grecian Lez?
Am happy to discuss over a pint whenever. Yes my posting has become more formal it has had to due to the conversation we had at the last BoS meeting. Why do you think I put my full name after posts and consistently witter on about how my views are personal ones (which they are yawn).

I've also offered to sit down with ******** and discuss his concerns about the club but he has not taken me up on this.

For the record I have never defamed anyone on here unless you can prove differently and the only lawyer I speak to is BoS member Laurence Overend whose legal expertise lie away from defamation. I know plenty about the subject myself though

Last edited:

Willy Nilly

Christ this place is turning into a sitcom where everyone takes themselves and the forum far too seriously!