• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Retained List

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I heard, from someone I'd expect to know, that Holmesy has been struggling with a groin injury for some considerable time and may elect to call it a day.
Would be a shame, but he does have business down this way doesn’t he? If so that may help make his decision for him to solely focus on that....

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I heard, from someone I'd expect to know, that Holmesy has been struggling with a groin injury for some considerable time and may elect to call it a day.
I may be completely wrong but I've got the impression recently that he's mentally ready to retire. He's only 32 but has had a lot of injuries and also started playing first-team football at a very young age.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Boateng's a young player with potential, but not currently good enough to be a guaranteed starter for us. Don't think, therefore, he'd be pulling up trees a league up. Has the potential, but needs to actually produce the goods before other clubs will be throwing offers at us, I think. He'd also command a transfer fee. Can't really see anyone stumping one up, to be honest. Think he'll be with us next season and its a bit make-or-break for his career. He needs to be a star player for us to fulfil his potential, in my opinion.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I may be completely wrong but I've got the impression recently that he's mentally ready to retire. He's only 32 but has had a lot of injuries and also started playing first-team football at a very young age.
He's physically shot and can only perform to the best of his ability one game in five or six. The last time we saw the real Lee Holmes was at home against MK Dons. He's two if not three yards slower than when he came to us. It's a shame really because he plays with the passion of a fan.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's physically shot and can only perform to the best of his ability one game in five or six. The last time we saw the real Lee Holmes was at home against MK Dons. He's two if not three yards slower than when he came to us. It's a shame really because he plays with the passion of a fan.
Indeed he does and do not forget the unimaginable stress he must have been under when his daughter was so seriously ill that at one time it looked that he and his wife were going to lose her.

dontpassback

Indeed he does and do not forget the unimaginable stress he must have been under when his daughter was so seriously ill that at one time it looked that he and his wife were going to lose her.
A player that gives his all,and I think the earlier poster is correct,I think he started for derby at 16 or 17 and but for some bad injuries would have played a lot higher,he is a decent bloke and if he does call it a day,I wish him well and will have some good memories of lee Holmes in a red and white shirt !

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
A player that gives his all,and I think the earlier poster is correct,I think he started for derby at 16 or 17 and but for some bad injuries would have played a lot higher,he is a decent bloke and if he does call it a day,I wish him well and will have some good memories of lee Holmes in a red and white shirt !
Could still do a job afor us, albeit as a squad player rather than a regular starter, especially if he gets a good break and recovers from all his knocks and bruises. Or maybe the Torquay rumour I heard has legs?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
So we know Luke Croll is on his way for sure (as sure as twitter can be) any other news from any other players or now ex players.

I suppose we have delayed in compiling and releasing our list due to the potential playoffs that may have been but hey ho at least we will have more than a month's head start to put the squad together than previous seasons, anyone know when it is to be announced

tonykellowfan

Friday this week.

ryancooper327