• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Replay date

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
if that's right, it would explain the faffing about - BBC had got first choice of date as Wed, but that was the only date Liverpool could play (without playing twice in 48 hours)
Nail on head, IMO. Hence why we've had protracted negotiations and the FA is allowing two games to be screened simultaneously.

thermopylai

This is a huge relief. I had already booked flights back to the UK (in a panic that the prices would shoot up - and they did, a whole 30 euros in the end!). At last I can start to enjoy the build up!

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
If BT got first pick, why all the titting about.
I suspect it's because it had previously been agreed that BBC have the Wednesday and the BBC have Tuesday, both then schedule around that (a bit like the champions league games which used to be Tuesday for ITV and Wed for Sky...or possibly the other way round, I never really watched).

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
The FA is pleased to confirm the replays for the Emirates FA Cup Third Round to be played on Tuesday 19 January and Wednesday 20 January.

As well as the confirmed BBC televised replay between Leicester City Football Club and Tottenham Hotspur on Wednesday 20 January (KO 7.45pm) BT Sport has confirmed two further televised replays.

On Tuesday 19 January Bristol City FC will host Tony Pulis' West Bromwich Albion side at Ashton Gate live on BT Sport (KO 7.45pm).

In addition to this and following Exeter City Football Club and Liverpool FC's fantastic Third Round tie at St James Park, The FA and BT Sport have agreed to air the replay live from Anfield on Wednesday 20 January (KO 8pm).

The first tie between the two clubs provided a fantastic advert for the competition and there remains an appetite to see how the tie is played out.

Teams will each receive £72,000 in broadcast fees in addition to the £144,000 received for the initial fixture (£216,000 over both games), with a further £67,500 for the winning team.

To date this season, over £5.5m worth of prize money and live broadcast fees have been paid out to clubs.

The following Emirates FA Cup Fourth Round ties await the winners of these televised replays:

Colchester United v Leicester City or Tottenham Hotspur
Bristol City or West Brom v Peterborough United
Exeter City or Liverpool v West Ham United
Really great news but cannot help feeling for Chris Todd and his Eastliegh side who I felt had done enough to deserve their place in the sun and benefit from the TV monies.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Glad that's sorted. Just have to make sure we beat West Ham first time around so we don't risk having to go through this nonsense again.

thermopylai

Also interesting to note that Eurosport in Austria (and Germany) are now advertising what they call a "conference" coverage - both our game and the Spurs game, flicking between the two.

RichardYoung

Does anyone know if the BT sport app for iphones and that is region locked? I'm going to be in Italy and just wondering if I'll need to find a way of getting a proxy set up (obviously would rather watch it in a bar, but the chances of it being on are probably a bit slim).

Edit: Scratch that, googled it and you can't....anyone know how to set up a proxy on an iphone? Otherwise I'll have to take my ****ty android tablet.
Try Tunnel Bear or Freedome...

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Also interesting to note that Eurosport in Austria (and Germany) are now advertising what they call a "conference" coverage - both our game and the Spurs game, flicking between the two.
Wonder if we would be entitled to payment from those companies?

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Try Tunnel Bear or Freedome...
Cheers, will give it a go. Fingers crossed it won't come to that, don't really fancy watching the whole game on a phone as would far rather be in a pub.