• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Replay date

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Does anyone know if the BT sport app for iphones and that is region locked? I'm going to be in Italy and just wondering if I'll need to find a way of getting a proxy set up (obviously would rather watch it in a bar, but the chances of it being on are probably a bit slim).

Edit: Scratch that, googled it and you can't....anyone know how to set up a proxy on an iphone? Otherwise I'll have to take my ****ty android tablet.

Last edited:

tonykellowfan

I suspect the hold ip was getting the bbc to agree to it.

Poundstretcher

BBC are the losers.
BBC should have picked it themselves...

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
BBC are the losers.
good point, well made.

But as others have pointed out,serves them right. If they'd wanted Liverpool - Exeter it was their's for the asking. They didn't - so can hardly complain about it being shown by someone else (perhaps!)

Barum

So only the official apologies from the FA, BT & Anfield to SJP for fecking us about left to come!

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
BBC should have picked it themselves...
My understanding is that while the BBC had the pick of the original ties, BT Sport had first choice when it came to the replays and chose us. Hence, I guess, why they might have been more than a bit miffed at the prospect of ending up with, conceivably, their third choice [after Liverpool v Exeter and Leicester v Spurs].

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
good point, well made.

But as others have pointed out,serves them right. If they'd wanted Liverpool - Exeter it was their's for the asking. They didn't - so can hardly complain about it being shown by someone else (perhaps!)
Fairly certain it wasn't. First pick of games alternates between BBC and the BT Sport for each round up to the final, with the broadcaster which has second pick getting to choose first when it comes to the replays.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
If BT got first pick, why all the titting about. They get first pick - Liverpool v Ecfc. When does it happen. Wednesday. Then BBC show their pick on Tuesday. Spurs and Leicester are both playing Saturday so no reason why the BBC game couldn't happen on Tuesday.

Shambolic nonsense the way everyone who needs to make plans has been treated. I can't go so pleased it is on BT but really feel for everyone needing to book time off / trains / coaches / childcare / hotels etc etc

andrew p long

Fairly certain it wasn't. First pick of games alternates between BBC and the BT Sport for each round up to the final, with the broadcaster which has second pick getting to choose first when it comes to the replays.
if that's right, it would explain the faffing about - BBC had got first choice of date as Wed, but that was the only date Liverpool could play (without playing twice in 48 hours)

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I would guess BBC scheduling is tighter, and while they had second pick they wanted their game to be on the Wednesday as that was their best available slot. I would imagine it's easier for BT to show games on different days.