• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Replay date

Dubai Grecian

grecianstew

Not going to be a huge money spinner at those prices. Take into account all the Juniors, concessions etc and average price will probably be around £12. 40,000 (if we are lucky) @ £12 = £480,000. Take out the expenses, then split it 3 ways, I imagine we will be lucky to net £100,000. Certainly not to be sneezed at but not quite the mega bucks that some have quoted.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not going to be a huge money spinner at those prices. Take into account all the Juniors, concessions etc and average price will probably be around £12. 40,000 (if we are lucky) @ £12 = £480,000. Take out the expenses, then split it 3 ways, I imagine we will be lucky to net £100,000. Certainly not to be sneezed at but not quite the mega bucks that some have quoted.
Why split 3 ways? We get 45% of the gate after expenses.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lest we forget, IF the replay is also televised that is another £140+k in the kitty (on top of all the rest).

Lets pray for a dearth of replays from the remaining matches...then they'll HAVE to show (and pay!!) us.
My hopes too but at present the signs are not good as at present there are a number of tasty potential replays.

grecianstew

Why split 3 ways? We get 45% of the gate after expenses.
Sounds better if that is the case. I thought it was even split , Pool - Us - and FA.

Grecian2K

Even that would ANOTHER £100k we wouldn't have budgeted for (or even dreamed of) when we were stood in the mud behind the goal when it was still 0-0 at Didcot at ht.

If Big Clint's opener that day has paved the way towards these riches surely even the most curmudgeonly cannot deny him at least his 'expenses' this season?

Last edited:

budegrecian

Not really what we wanted at all.
I always thought that because the gate receipts were shared that the prices couldn't be reduced without the agreement of the away team. I am obviously mistaken.

denzel

My hopes too but at present the signs are not good as at present there are a number of tasty potential replays.
Very few now Pompey and Bristol City are winning!

denzel

Doing the maths with an average ticket price of £15 and say an attendance of 40, 000 I make that 275k for City.

700k always seemed ambitious

grecianstew

Even that would ANOTHER £100k we wouldn't have budgeted for (or even dreamed of) when we were stood in the mud behind the goal when it was still 0-0 at Didcot at ht.

If Big Clint's opener that day has paved the way towards these riches surely even the most curmudgeonly cannot deny him at least his 'expenses' this season?
Agree totally, a great boost to our coffers. I'm just a bit perplexed as to where the £700,000 (or even close to it) that the Beeb and others have quoted is going to come from