• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Redundancy @ ECFC

uncle buck

What an awful statement may I say Mr Tagg surely a firm with an outside interest would point out that in the current climate a football club of our size could well do without a director of football and a chief exec

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
The 360 review clearly missed the sweet green pastures being grazed by the underperforming, no value for money Gang of Three.

It is a fecking shambles. :mad:

Devon_Lad

In no way do I condone redundancies if required, we are a business afterall, but the circumstances just make this so poor its laughable - obviously not for those made redundant, of course.

Paying for Steve Perryman's expenses still? The managers large salary? Numerous first team crocks? A chairman that does nothing and that does actually want the job (apparently...)?

If the 3G pitch means we can cut the groundstaff then in the long run that's beneficial? Something tells me this isn't quite the reason though.

All this pressure on Tisdale yet the board and specifically Tagg is allowed to continue to run the club as it currently is? Absoloute joke.

Alistair20000

What does the clueless clown understand about the business needing to progress ? It is going downhill fast and not because we are overspending on a few lowly foot soldiers.

Antony Moxey

So the club went to consultants then. How laughable - could they seriously not see themselves where staffing cuts ought to be made, it's not it's a massive employer. Plus, after all that, it's decided a groundsman and receptionist are surplus to requirements. Wow, that consultancy certainly earnt its money then - I wonder what their costs were compared to the respective salaries of those now no longer in the club's employ.

Fareham Grecian

That is a truly terrible statement. Clearly rushed out when someone found out what was going on - why did they not have a statement prepared to release in advance?

manc grecian

That is a truly terrible statement. Clearly rushed out when someone found out what was going on - why did they not have a statement prepared to release in advance?
Because that would require some sort of planning. The club are happy to sweep everything under the carpet in the hope nobody finds out. The problem with that is that people do find out, people start asking questions and then you end up with dreadful amateurish statements from Chief Cockwomble Tagg.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I believe the club thought Dave the groundsman and Sheryl the receptionist were partially to blame for our poor home form and took decisive action.

I expect results to improve dramatically from now on.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
This is how it seems to go, rumour hits exeweb or Facebook. The club then think, the cat is out of the bag so we better make a statement.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
"It was either a pink bunny or no bunny at all."