• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Red Legion Disbanded

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Guess Red Legion could even be renamed 'Thatchers Big Bankers' & receive sponsorship to continue their sterling efforts to bring SJP alive.
UTC
St Austell would have to sell their cider by the flag on.

Colesman Ballz

Apologies but we really need to find out why someone on Exeweb does not know what FECRACE is - does this emphasise the need to rename the Big Bank to the FECRACE Big Bank or even sell our souls to the devil (for money of course) and make it 'Thatchers Big Bank' or similar ?
Why do fans chose to buy beer away from the ground instead of supporting the club ?
Guess Red Legion could even be renamed 'Thatchers Big Bankers' & receive sponsorship to continue their sterling efforts to bring SJP alive.
UTC
I would assume the reason is Geography. I think in this case we should cut him some slack, given that he lives around 5,500 miles away in the Pacific North West of the USA and may not even have managed to get to over to SJP since the birth of FECRACE.

hardi2b

Thank you Ballzy (if I may be presumptuous) It would seem my lack of knowledge on the subject I raised, was matched quite completely by the ignorance of my location and that I havn't ventured "home" in 20 years by Grecian in Guzz ! I am also find myself bemused as to the rational of his argument to which you replied.

Colesman Ballz

Thank you Ballzy (if I may be presumptuous) It would seem my lack of knowledge on the subject I raised, was matched quite completely by the ignorance of my location and that I havn't ventured "home" in 20 years by Grecian in Guzz ! I am also find myself bemused as to the rational of his argument to which you replied.
My pleasure. Maybe hearing of it's delights, may give you another good reason to make the trip sooner rather than later ! A particular favourite is the locally brewed "Yellowhammer" golden pale ale (4.2%) which regularly features. I think that we should approach the brewery to ask if them if they could brew a celebratory offering for us named "Greenhammer" given our total dominance over the old enemy this season, by all our teams at all levels !

hardi2b

Colesman First attended SJP in '62 with my Father and Grandfather, Bovril was the "sup of the day" under the OG, we sat on the bench seats almost directly behind the old Dugout. My last attendance was in '79, left for the states shortly thereafter- never stopped looking out for the City results and goings on since. Luv a sip of farm-made Cider, at those times was plentiful at about 50p for about 5 gallons-the real gut-rot 👍.Up here there are about 1200 independent breweries turning out some splendid ales, porters IPA stout and red maybe I could find a "City Red" ale!

STURTZ

I"m hoping it might be The Foreign Legion, anybody remember that Laurel and Hardy film Sons of the Desert? Classic!

Last edited:

IndoMike

I"m hoping it might be The Foreign Legion, anybody remember that Laurel and Hardy film Sons of the Desert? Classic!
I remember it (I think). Hilarious.

hardi2b

Beau Geste Marty Feldman

wrekin

I think you mean Beau Hunks or the Flying Deuces. Sons of the Desert was the one where they went to a convention in Chicago without telling their wives and got caught out. Sorry to be a pedant.

fred binneys head

Beau Geste Marty Feldman
I prefer The Spartans.