• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Red Legion Disbanded

eurogrecian

Red Phalanx
Could be misinterpreted as crude language!
Grecian Militia is my favourite.

Legohead

Banned
Exeter Exetremists? o_O

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seriously?

Are we talking about the BB or all stands then?

Personally I feel if you are to go in the BB then you have to expect swearing and a bit of 'banter' shall we say. To complain about that when you go in the BB is a little bit shortsighted IMO. I wouldn't personally expect it in the NOG for example nor have I experienced any problems in there. There has to be areas to cater for both 'types' of fans otherwise the whole stadium will become sterile.
I think consideration should be given to providing an area for those unfortunates who suffer from Tourettes.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I always thought that you being a big part of the RL should of stamped out the awful chants but you seem proud of them.

Oh didn’t the club mention to you in the past about songs and language?
You are a complete and utter fantasist and are completely off track here ! I have never been connected with the Red Legion. My position of choice for watching games since 1961 has always been The Cow Shed and then the Doble/Flybe/IPO. In the last 15 years I sat in the OG once to say goodbye to "the old girl" and have been once on the BB whilst the ground was reduced to just two sides during the development, and seats were sold out. I will proudly admit however to being part of a small group of school friends who in the mid sixties who started singing and chanting at matches and eventually evolved into the Cow Shed Choir. I do believe however that the RL have done a fantastic job enhancing the match experience at SJP. I will happily forgive the occasional iffy chant in light of the overwhelming benefit they have given. Take the awesome display against Liverpool, just stop for a second and think of the hours and hours it took designing and putting it together. That was dedication, and your contribution is what ? Seemingly just sitting at a keyboard and carping/trolling at others. in what my late mother would have described as being a "Moaning Minnie", bless her.

You seem to have self appointed yourself as the arbiter on what is or is not appropriate at matches. In light of this why did you feel appropriate to post on events at Tuesday nights Port Vale match on this thread rather than the Match Day thread, given that the RL had already disbanded and as such weren't involved ? Furthermore you have been banned from this forum twice before, and whatever the reasons were, the Mods must have thought that they were seriously inappropriate on these boards. It is therefore somewhat ironic that you chose this forum to chastise others for inappropriate behaviour ! LOL.

Last edited:

Grecian2K

Talking of which it's 20 years ago this week that the Cowshed saw it's final choir performance.

fred binneys head

Could be misinterpreted as crude language!
I would simply call the new group “The Spartans” - they were the toughest of the Greek soldiers, who never gave up and fought ‘til the end.

Oldsmobile-88

A great New Model Army song could be adapted too..Christian Militia.

The *Grecian militia is marching now
Hatred makes the adrenaline flow
Stir up the fire watch it grow
Everybody loves a righteous cause
Old lives forgotten in holy wars
Everything forgotten in holy wars

*Grecian insertion instead of Christian...
I’m sure the rest of the lyrics could be suitably altered.😎

Dannyred

You are a complete and utter fantasist and are completely off track here ! I have never been connected with the Red Legion. My position of choice for watching games since 1961 has always been The Cow Shed and then the Doble/Flybe/IPO. In the last 15 years I sat in the OG once to say goodbye to "the old girl" and have been once on the BB whilst the ground was reduced to just two sides during the development, and seats were sold out. I will proudly admit however to being part of a small group of school friends who in the mid sixties who started singing and chanting at matches and eventually evolved into the Cow Shed Choir. I do believe however that the RL have done a fantastic job enhancing the match experience at SJP. I will happily forgive the occasional iffy chant in light of the overwhelming benefit they have given. Take the awesome display against Liverpool, just stop for a second and think of the hours and hours it took designing and putting it together. That was dedication, and your contribution is what ? Seemingly just sitting at a keyboard and carping/trolling at others. in what my late mother would have described as being a "Moaning Minnie", bless her.

You seem to have self appointed yourself as the arbiter on what is or is not appropriate at matches. In light of this why did you feel appropriate to post on events at Tuesday nights Port Vale match on this thread rather than the Match Day thread, given that the RL had already disbanded and as such weren't involved ? Furthermore you have been banned from this forum twice before, and whatever the reasons were, the Mods must have thought that they were seriously inappropriate on these boards. It is therefore somewhat ironic that you chose this forum to chastise others for inappropriate behaviour ! LOL.
You seem obsessed with my posts and you come across as an angry argumentative person that needs to stop and think first.

Knowing facts about what you spout out is important to know first.

I guess you have not read the posters put up around the ground about bad language yet.

i8cornwall

You seem obsessed with my posts and you come across as an angry argumentative person that needs to stop and think first.

Knowing facts about what you spout out is important to know first.

I guess you have not read the posters put up around the ground about bad language yet.
Danny quick question about posters at the ground will you be advertising for this new group your forming via that medium?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Danny quick question about posters at the ground will you be advertising for this new group your forming via that medium?
He's gonna put up a banner ! ………. Just to get it back on topic.