• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

realistic sustainable level

Phil Sayers

Very well known Exeweb poster
The present board have appointed three managers and, in their different ways, all three have been the right appointments for their particular time. I'm sure when the day does come they will select the best candidate although Tis will certainly be a tough act to follow(!) While he was the club I thought Bash might have been the right man and who knows maybe he will come back to Exeter in the future?

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
With you, me, Truro Grecian, Cornish Grecian and others it seems we are growing in number!
Cornish Grecians inaugural meeting soon then!

Max Payne 2

It almost makes me hope that Tis has a spell where he's not so successful in the period leading up to his final departure (I did say ALMOST ;) ).
Well if, before taking over as England Manager, Tis loses his last 4 premiership matches with City leaving us marooned in 8th with 5 matches to go I suppose I could handle it.

angelic upstart

Cornish Grecians inaugural meeting soon then!
Funny you say that. I know of at least 5 City fans in Plymouth, I've often fancied a "Plymouth and Cornwall Grecians" group.

I'd not be able to organise though. I cite laziness as the reason.

Bittners a Legend

The present board have appointed three managers and, in their different ways, all three have been the right appointments for their particular time. I'm sure when the day does come they will select the best candidate although Tis will certainly be a tough act to follow(!) While he was the club I thought Bash might have been the right man and who knows maybe he will come back to Exeter in the future?
I thought the same about Bash ... I do think a return is possible in the future ...

...I know Doncaster has been mentioned already but Scunthorpe are in the L1 play off final with a population of little over 70,000 and a stadium that holds 8,000. The Championship isn't an unrealistic goal, particularly as the club continues to improve off the field as well as on it.

angelic upstart

I think you're right if AI had stayed there would be no reason for him not to have done as Tis has. Except he would have done it with less exciting football, we would have had the "20 goal a season" striker that so many folk love and he could castigate players when he was allegedly doing rude things to their wives and girlfriends. Barring the last sentence I prefer Tisdale, sadly he doesn't give me enough "Heat magazine style gossip" so he will only ever be a brilliant manager not a legend. Y'know good enough to manage Everton but not Manchester United.

Ian Sideman

I think you're right if AI had stayed there would be no reason for him not to have done as Tis has. Except he would have done it with less exciting football, we would have had the "20 goal a season" striker that so many folk love and he could castigate players when he was allegedly doing rude things to their wives and girlfriends. Barring the last sentence I prefer Tisdale, sadly he doesn't give me enough "Heat magazine style gossip" so he will only ever be a brilliant manager not a legend. Y'know good enough to manage Everton but not Manchester United.
:D

With which wives and girlfriends did AI share tactics?