• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Reading vs Exeter City Matchday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
He certainly did....the problem is that the players keep making the same costly mistakes which results in a loss. They don't seem to learn from their errors which either is a basic shortcoming on their part or a problem with coaching, the answer to which none of us will know, unless we spent time on the training ground.
And yet our defence has been massively improved over the last 6 or 7 games. This is the first time since Fleetwood and Bolton that we've seen these kinds of mistakes.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
And yet our defence has been massively improved over the last 6 or 7 games. This is the first time since Fleetwood and Bolton that we've seen these kinds of mistakes.
Look no further than our current number one. Sinisalo isnt pulling up any tree's with his ongoing form. The way he plays its clear he isnt putting his life on the line exactly. He was very poor for Readings first where he really should have been sharper off of his line, and I'm not sure he couldnt have done better with their third from that range. Either way, he continues to let in debateable shots far too frequently. He's obviously saving himself for when a club signs him permanently.

WXF

He's obviously one the best performing players in the squad and you are a crank.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Pete - i’m really not sure the GK is our problem or anywhere near the the list of people who need to improve.

in the games i’ve seen he’s been very good and made some excellent saves.

very reliable.

PeteUSA

Pete - i’m really not sure the GK is our problem or anywhere near the the list of people who need to improve.
Its a problem if he continues to let in shots etc that he should save. I understand hes fundamentally a good keeper, but he has erratic patches and lets in goal attempts he should stop.

Welcome back incidently, wherever you've been?

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Its a problem if he continues to let in shots etc that he should save. I understand hes fundamentally a good keeper, but he has erratic patches and lets in goal attempts he should stop.

Welcome back incidently, wherever you've been?
We will have to agree to disagree on that one Pete i can’t remember his erratic patches , at this level i’d say he’s pretty reliable.

I’ve been doing life bud , hope your well, couple kids now so exeweb had to take a back seat for a few years 😀

my lad now has the City bug , i told him not to do it 😀

Colesman Ballz

Dinosaur US still "reeling them in" like a good 'un ! :)

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Look no further than our current number one. Sinisalo isnt pulling up any tree's with his ongoing form. The way he plays its clear he isnt putting his life on the line exactly. He was very poor for Readings first where he really should have been sharper off of his line, and I'm not sure he couldnt have done better with their third from that range. Either way, he continues to let in debateable shots far too frequently. He's obviously saving himself for when a club signs him permanently.
I disagree. Sinisalo has been one of a very few positives in this horrendous run.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
The goalkeeper is the very least of our problems. If I had to nominate player of the year now. It'd be sinisalo.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm still unsure what to think of yesterday's performance.

On the one hand, we showed attacking intent again and were rewarded with 2 (two) goals. On the other hand, despite giving it a go, it still felt like a relatively limp defeat against a relegation rival.

Four at the back looks dangerously porous when Hartridge is having an off day. Caldwell failed to show any tactical flexibilty by addressing it mid game, but if he had I'd probably have felt short changed that we didn't go for the win.

Kite at right back doesn't work. Rankin was excellent. Our midfield is powder puff. Aitchison and Scott terrible.

If we're going to persist with 4 at the back, we need more quality in every area of the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.