• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Reading vs Exeter City Matchday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Once the interview got to the January window,it was almost like Caldwell was getting in his excuses for missed targets already.
I'm looking forward to someone doing the old: "if he says X, you're all upset and if he says Y, you'll all call him a liar... The bloke can't win" thing with this one...

C j phill

Jules came across as extremely p###d off with that result and the errors made by his teammates
He certainly did....the problem is that the players keep making the same costly mistakes which results in a loss. They don't seem to learn from their errors which either is a basic shortcoming on their part or a problem with coaching, the answer to which none of us will know, unless we spent time on the training ground.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Jules came across as extremely p###d off with that result and the errors made by his teammates
Jules was probably our best player, however he was also up against Azeez, who went past him easily a couple of times, and should have made it 2-0.
I think we need to acknowledge though that they had some good players, with Azeez being the pick.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
He certainly did....the problem is that the players keep making the same costly mistakes which results in a loss. They don't seem to learn from their errors which either is a basic shortcoming on their part or a problem with coaching, the answer to which none of us will know, unless we spent time on the training ground.
You can have a guess by the number of different players it's happening to, surely.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Thought today we looked like a few signings short of a lower midtable side. Disappointing result, but think the green shoots that have emerged of late are still there. Bit perturbed by the expectation management around signings... That's been pushed as the big light at the end of the tunnel, so feels like a bit of a bait and switch to suddenly start explaining to us that it's hard.
Our biggest and overriding problem is not having one single proven, reasonably reliable, striker. I have never known us to go into so many successive games without one and I would argue that it is irresponsible on the part of the board, the manager, or both. Today emphasised it more than ever. The chances were there and the players we do have are trying their hardest (in my opinion they are the least to blame), but it just isn't enough. Without the addition of a proven goalscorer (or two) I just can't see us staying in this league, and that's in a season with no really stand-out teams.

In our 2011-2012 relegation season we finished with 46 - exactly a goal per game. After 24 games, and with 22 left, we have scored 16 goals. The goals per game ratio is 0.67 which, if continued, would mean we would finish with just 31.

cannockred

Probably a bit of both, kite trying to play the ball short to another defender or a lack of understanding in the centre of defence but because of a shortage of round pegs we are stuck with what we have.

Hartridge could do with a rest and kite could do with a run in central midfield but.......

Grecian Max

Notes for the players out of 10 from today’s game Vs Reading .
It’s my own personal assessment.

Sinisalo 6/10
Kite 0.5/10
Diabate 8.5/10
Hartridge 0.5/10
Jules 8.5/10
Niskanen 8/10
Rankine 8/10
Carroll 8/10
Cole 8.5/10
Aitchison 7.5/10
Scott 1.5/10

Cox 3/10
Sweeney 4/10
Taylor 5/10
Surprised it’s not all 11/10, keep it up Gary etc

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm looking forward to someone doing the old: "if he says X, you're all upset and if he says Y, you'll all call him a liar... The bloke can't win" thing with this one...
It sounded pessimistic ,but we will see in a month's time.If he can't be positive about the transfer window,who can?

tonykellowfan

Kite and Hartridge were woeful.

We need a new RB pronto and Hartridge needs to be dropped.

tom_ecfc

Seems as if Perkins had an ear piece in reporting back to the bench area whilst warming up. Have also read that Reading had a member of their coaching team on the opposite side of the pitch, at the front of the stand, shouting out instructions to players. I guess the FA could be getting involved here…
IMG_1463.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.