• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Reading vs Exeter City Matchday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Dale

Agree with a lot of this, though I don't think theres any way we bin GC after losing on Saturday. The forms picked up a bit, he's got three good results and that buys him long enough to see if new signings can fix us, I would imagine.

Also don't think some of the criticisms of the team are nitpicking. Yawning holes in the squad. If GCs not to blame, then someone needs to be holding the buck.
I thought the same re GC’s job stability up until an hour ago… tone and body language feel different, though. Losing back to back relegation rivals at this point feels a step too far to me now. That said, it is very hard to see what the tipping point might actually be! I’m going on a nothing more than hunch!

I absolutely agree that there has to be accountability- but it appears that the club are doing everything they can to give Caldwell January to fix this. It feels like they owe him for August departures… given the poor form for 3 months, it’s almost like there’s nothing more to say. On either side. So… we just wait. See who comes in. Reassess in mid Feb.

Not a great approach, obviously!… but defeat to Carlisle and it’s hard to see who will be left to convince.

These are strange times in deed

JGrecian23

Just back from driving in the torrential rain for what seemed 10 hours.

First half was.most enjoyable I've seen for a while. We played well with attacking intent when it was right to do so. If Hartridge wasn't playing we may have gone in 3-1 up!

Second half was back to the usual crap. Boring, lack of movement, awful passing, crap defending and just general rubbish.

For once I don't blame Caldwell for today. He set us up the right way and if the players did the basics we would have got a result.

He still has to go and ASAP please!

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just back from driving in the torrential rain for what seemed 10 hours.

First half was.most enjoyable I've seen for a while. We played well with attacking intent when it was right to do so. If Hartridge wasn't playing we may have gone in 3-1 up!

Second half was back to the usual crap. Boring, lack of movement, awful passing, crap defending and just general rubbish.

For once I don't blame Caldwell for today. He set us up the right way and if the players did the basics we would have got a result.

He still has to go and ASAP please!
About the first time I agree with you on something, although I didn't think the first half was that great or second that bad, first was definitely better. Agree with the rest.

Arthur Davey

Bridgy 81

I found it baffling that Perks was on the bench today.
Was it really because he could leave the technical area and coach a bit in that capacity?
If so, we’ve really gone a bit odd.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
It feels like they owe him for August departures…
When Caldwell arrived last October or whenever it was, any punter with half an interest in city, two brain cells to rub together, and not blinded by excessive positivity, could've told you that all of those 5 high performing players would be out the door in the summer. I just don't know who it could've surprised. If I was a manager looking for a job, I'd absolutely make sure I knew that.

I don't understand why the succession planning has been so poor or why the lateness of Nombe's departure is held up as if it was a surprise. It was late because we were extracting a maximum fee, not because he might've stayed. How were we not paying for replacements last January in advance, or having things lined up before the summer? It's beyond the point where it's excusable... Is it GC or is it higher management, who he's been pestering since this time last year? Or both?

coles1997

Was it really because he could leave the technical area and coach a bit in that capacity?
Was only there was aimson failed a late fitness test

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Was only there was aimson failed a late fitness test
But the other day we didn't have a full compliment of subs but super perks wasn't needed.

Having Perks running up and down the touchline shouting out instructions smacks of desperation.

It seems there's either a lack of trust or communication between management and team. Perhaps both.

JGrecian23

About the first time I agree with you on something, although I didn't think the first half was that great or second that bad, first was definitely better. Agree with the rest.
You should agree with me more Eddie, you'd be right more often!

Status
Not open for further replies.