• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rate where we are as a club

How would you rate where we are as a club?

• A - Excellent

• B - Good

• C - Satisfactory

• D - Poor

• E - Terrible

Results are only viewable after voting.

tonykellowfan

Probably it depends how long you have been a supporter.

I started supporting Exeter back in the early 80s, there have been a lot of bad times.

The current position of the club is pretty good compared to our past and also dont forget many clubs have gone out of L2 never to be seen again.

Bittners a Legend

I've chosen satisfactory. MT is in his second season so I'm willing to give him time, however we have struggled to maintain being in the top 4 of league two. I feel we should easily be in the top 4.

Was this years management targets actually released to the public? If MT is achieving all of his targets then i'd happily choose ''B) Good''
Easily be in the top 4? Have the potential perhaps but can't agree with the suggestion it is easy.

Andy_H

I've chosen satisfactory. MT is in his second season so I'm willing to give him time, however we have struggled to maintain being in the top 4 of league two. I feel we should easily be in the top 4.

Was this years management targets actually released to the public? If MT is achieving all of his targets then i'd happily choose ''B) Good''
As do 23 other clubs in Div 2, plus a similar 'feeling' from every other club in the EFL & Premiership. Which of course brings about it's own problems, fans 'feel' their team should be better than it is, Managers 'feel' their team should be better than it is, and owners, well they 'feel' they have a God given right to be wherever their money dictates!

The truth of course is that there can only ever be 4 teams in the top 4 so there are 18 very unhappy bunnies out there.

Dannyred

Oh the irony ! Tinpot is a perfect description of your pathetic third rate trolling. With Hants disclosure that you have been banned twice already from Exeweb, perhaps you should go for the hattrick ? Now that is something I could really applaud you for !
You should be banned as the only thing you add is normally worthless rubbish.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster

I started supporting Exeter back in the early 80s, there have been a lot of bad times.

The current position of the club is pretty good compared to our past and also dont forget many clubs have gone out of L2 never to be seen again.
I first started going in 81/82 season and until the the trust took over we came in the top half of our division twice. In 22 years. And one of those was 12th secured with a last minute winner by Chris Curran on the last day of the season.

Since 2003/4 we have come in the top half 12 times out of 16. I know 5 of those were conference but it does show we have been more competitive as a club in these years than those before.

Off the field we have invested in the ground, trading ground and youth academy like never before. The club seem to be looking more forward looking rather than just looking to survive and we are building a firmer base to do this from.

Are we perfect? No. Can we improve? A lot. Has there been blips and worries? Definitely. But as a club in my lifetime, I think we are in as good a position as we have been.

Driving onwards and upwards is never straight forward and a given though. It is up to those in charge to continually look for ways to improve. And that isn't all about money.

DB9

Off the pitch I'd like to think we're miles better than say a decade ago, On the pitch we are stagnant, Love us to be promoted and consolidate in L1 even progress but as the nature of football and our model, The best players will get scooped up and the ones we get in won't be as good and back down we go, Not a criticism but a fact when we don't have money behind us, Any monies we get in is used to run the club, Some goes to the playing budget but we need money for the day to day stuff and without an owner to help out that money from player sales doesn't last forever

Legohead

Banned
On the pitch very good but off it tinpot.
You need to have a closer look at some of the clubs around at our level Danny. Tinpot is not the word to describe how they are run and what they offer supporters.

In fact I have a book out soon that touches on this very subject (amongst others) and it's fair to say that Exeter City come out very well indeed and i'm proud of that.

I have been told that I am impossible to please as a person in general and will pick holes in anything and everything but I am very happy indeed with Exeter City FC off the pitch all things considered. Yes improvements can be made and it's not all a bed of roses but I feel listened to and I feel that my views are taken into consideration and the club is gradually moving forward in terms of offering fans the best experiences possible off the pitch for our level of football.

A lot of clubs owners and chief execs don't give a monkeys about what their respective fans think let alone ever listen to them and improve things for them. They are just expected to put up and shut up which is a not really a great business model. Now that IS tinpot.

Andy_H

On the pitch very good but off it tinpot.
As i'm sure your maths teacher often said to you; "Explain your workings."

Why are we 'tinpot' and actually what does 'tinpot' mean?

Better still, how does the club rise above 'tinpot' and where is the money coming from to achieve this 'utopia' you talk [dream] about?

haka

Yes, our perspective is usually influenced by that, only natural.

As an example, let's look at 1990, since we are aiming to do the same thing this season (but will settle for 3rd!).

Half of the clubs from Div 4 in our title-winning season are now out of the league, 5th tier or worse, in some cases having ceased to exist along the way. Only one club (Burnley) stands out today. But that's a football club who had a history of winning at the very top, hardly typical of Div 4.

All the rest are currently 3rd or 4th tier, and though we might envy a few (Peterborough?) most are no better off than us, even if a division above (like Southend).

For every Burnley or Bournemouth there's a dozen Yorks or Aldershots.

I voted "Good".

PeteUSA

You should be banned as the only thing you add is normally worthless rubbish.

Dont let it get to you Danny. I believe Mr Ballz is waging a mini war on you. I dont agree with you on some of your viewpoints on womans football generally, but you're entitled to those views, and this is an open forum.