• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Proposal for Trust ballot re removal of Tisdale

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I want Tisdale to stay, I just want more entertaining football, which is difficult bearing in mind our league position.

What do I vote?
Simple. Vote for the Monster Raving Loony Party, as you give the impression that you are already a fully paid up member ! :D

Doug3101

I think a 'vote of confidence' is the way forward' and maybe after that result is known, plan the next step. Has anyone thought of the possibility of a yes vote being returned as opposed to a no vote meaning this whole thing falls on its arse!
I agree with the many people who have rightly pointed out that the biggest stumbling block is apathy, people thinking that moaning on social media will bring about change (as I have done so I ain't preaching to anyone)

Also if a no vote is returned and the fans scream for Tis' head. Who pays him off? Would it be out of club funds or would the Trust foot the bill to appease its members?

I also think that the powers that be would need to tread very carefully, although the decline in form and the knock on effects have been going on for some time, this is technically (again due to apathy) strike one.

Alistair20000

I want Tisdale out NOW ! To that end I, like Alastair 2000, was offering advice to aid you in your quest. PT's contract of employment is with ECFC, the Trust cannot terminate it, or renegotiate it. The Trust Directors do not have the majority required if 'push comes to shove' to force this through. From what I have read, Morrish and Tagg are due up for renewal of their status as Club Directors, at the Club AGM, and the Trust can simply use its majority shareholding to block the reappointment of either one or both of them, thereby altering the power balance. Equally it can propose and force through a resolution at the Club AGM, requiring the Club Board to effect a change of manager. Even just the threat of either of these actions, could bring about the result that we both wish for. You simply mandate the Trust Board to act, and dont tie their hands with process. Leave the machiavellian chicanery to them, a la Chorlton.
So imho you should carefully reconsider the wording, to stand a far better chance of success
The points I made earlier on the thread were in the context that Red Bill's process was a requisition for an SGM and a Resolution for debate and vote. In that scenario there would be huge problems IMHO with his proposed wording. As I now understand it, he is looking to canvas support on a less formal basis so the wording is perhaps less of an issue. That said, I prefer the wording you offered which is sharper and more focussed.

If a signed "petition" carrying more than 150 Trust member names were obtained I agree with you that its impact would be to force the Trust Board to act. If it did not do that then the follow up should be to requisition the SGM; something most parties would probably wish to avoid.

I agree a simple mandate to the TB is all that is required. Some will say that this will give the TB scope for backsliding, prevarication, ducking, weaving, mudge and fudge. To be honest the weakness of the TB in dealing with the Club over the past few years does nothing to discourage that view. The more recent show of strength has been directed at the lower hanging fruit of Messrs Chorlton, Conway and Wolfenden. The bigger issues relating to Messrs Tagg, Perryman and Tisdale remain to be tackled. Therefore, the TB needs to be left in no doubt that failure to act will be followed up and a time limit for reporting back to Members should be stated. If necessary a vote of no confidence could be called if the TB fails to act appropriately.

In making these points I am doing no more than offering my thoughts on having the views of the wider Trust membership heard and respected. The wider fan base (not just the Trust members) deserves to be heard but the only legitimate pressure on the TB must come from the Trust members. Red Bill might like to consider 2 columns on his "petition" for Trust and non Trust members.

I must now make my view on Paul Tisdale's position clear. I do not necessarily want him out.

I want his performance to be more properly monitored. I want him to be made more accountable. I want his contract to be fair and not to pose an existential threat to the Club. I want him to deliver more entertaining football. I want his remuneration package to offer value for money and to reward success.

He deserves credit for the successes of the first few years with us. Even now, after four years of serious underperformance, I feel there is scope for all parties to sit down and put in place a better structure for the future. Even if I am wrong it deserves making the effort to try.

Last edited:

rp42

Like almost all the people I've spoken to recently, the four years of dreadful home form, negative tactics, players playing out of position, failure to strengthen the squad and odd formations with no sign that they'll be any change, have brought me to the point where I feel enough is enough and its time for Tisdale to go. I've been a supporter of Tisdale for most of his time at City, but I'm now ready to join the many dissenting voices who have been calling for him to leave for some time
I'm a firm believer in fan ownership and believe that we the fans, as owners of the club, should have our wishes listened to and acted upon. For that reason I have prepared a proposal that I will be submitting to the Trust board asking them to carry out a ballot of the membership, which will read as below:

Tisdale Ballot Proposal

I propose that the Board of Exeter City Supporters’ Trust carry out a ballot of its entire membership, to discover how many members wish to see Paul Tisdale’s managership of Exeter City FC come to an end. If this ballot returns a majority in favour of him leaving his position, the Trust, through its representation on the Board of Directors of Exeter City FC, should ask for Mr Tisdale’s resignation.
In this instance, should Mr Tisdale be unwilling to resign without a financial penalty being incurred by the club an if that penalty be deemed unaffordable by the trust representatives on the board of directors, they should immediately seek a renegotiation of Mr Tisdales’s terms of employment, in order to place him on a fixed term, performance related contract of employment.

In order to ensure that this ballot reaches the entire membership and gives all members the opportunity to register their vote, it should be implemented online for those members who have registered an email address, or by post for those members who have not.

What is certain, is that if only I put my name to this, it will fail. So If you would be willing to support this proposal, please could you PM me to indicate this leaving your name (real name not exweb name). As I said this will be sent to the Trust, so Trust members only I'm afraid.

I will be posting this proposal on other fan forums and sending it to all the separate Supporters' groups, as well as canvassing opinion in person at SJP over the next 2 or three weeks.

Please support this as if we get sufficient numbers, we will be able to force the Trust board, who I believe have become far more receptive to the views of fans over the last 12 months, to take action.
Did you get my PM?

geoffwp

Yeah, right, Geoff. You forgot.
Have been forgetting is more accurate, but basically yes.Retiring, selling house, moving etc plus a ****ty memory.

Exe on valdez, vote for free beer. I'm going to. It's the only way forward. :D

Last edited:

Chudleigh Cannon

..............Pm'd you

Edward

I don't agree with the first part of that Edward. I would always see it as my role to represent the interests of the supporters, being one myself. I believe that the other Trustees do so also, as best they can, but the wheels can grind very slowly at times. Much too slowly for some people and myself also on occasion. It is the nature of organisations such as the Trust that they can be ponderous, unfortunately.

On the second part I totally agree. I am of the view that the structure of the Trust as a body is very democratic - and has become more so with the passage of time. However, the membership in general seem unwilling to use that democracy to its best effect and become involved. It's bad enough that insufficient people put themselves forward for election but, when there has been an election, the turnout has been as low as 17%.
Pete, I think the point I was trying to get across was that the Trust representatives on the Trust Board (prior to the recent additions) may not have always considered any views other than their own! That wasn't helpful. Moving forwards, if there is to be fair representation of the interests of the supporters, there is a pre-requisite to engage with the fanbase on a more formal basis. Only then will you understand what the fans want. There have been surveys but the majority views need to be developed into positions on key issues which underpin the Trust contributions to club board meetings.

The status of the manager cannot be subject to continual polls but there has to be some recognition that the Trust requires some minimal performance standards for anybody holding such a key position and they must be understood by all. If I was starting with a blank sheet of paper on remuneration for a manager, I would offer incentives based upon both league position and attendances to reflect the dual need for both sporting and commercial success.

Avening Posse

Well that was an interesting read. I have given up counting how many variations of the original poster's idea are above. If the plan is to completely confuse the very people who you hope will give this support, then I suspect you are succeeding (of course by "you" it could be one of at least 10 posters ??)........I don't want him out (just yet) so I can say these things :)

Silver fox

Well that was an interesting read. I have given up counting how many variations of the original poster's idea are above. If the plan is to completely confuse the very people who you hope will give this support, then I suspect you are succeeding (of course by "you" it could be one of at least 10 posters ??)........I don't want him out (just yet) so I can say these things :)
Didn't have you down as the rose tinter of the year AP, thought GOG and Mr wp would take that :$

Avening Posse

Didn't have you down as the rose tinter of the year AP, thought GOG and Mr wp would take that :$
I'm not mate :), it just amuses me that when Red Bill puts forward something he is passionate about to garner support, it ends up being like the "people's front of Judea" scene in The Life of Brian. Fair play to Red Bill, he's trying to get something off the ground, similar to Bitts last year. For me personally Tis finally has some money, and it's been a long time since he has, and he has the opportunity in the summer to try and build something like he built in the past, and I'd give him that chance, although accept I'm probably in the minority :)