• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Proper Interesting Thread

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Mr Hudson is not due to retire for 30 years but Mrs Bridges has arthritis in her fingers and finds difficulty in preparing the veggies.

Are you a Cordon bleu chef ?
Not yet. However, I do a very good grasshoppers on toast and my barbecued scorpion tails are to die for. I also have a very good voice and my version of "You've lost that loving feeling" is highly recommended. I always sing while I cook, of course.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
47,000 people were involved in the Battle of Trafalgar.
Including an ancestor of mine, a 21 year old Ordinary Seaman on HMS Sirius, with precisely the same name as me.

iscalad

Including an ancestor of mine, a 21 year old Ordinary Seaman on HMS Sirius, with precisely the same name as me.
Ordinary seaman Fish?

Grecian2K

Are you a Cordon bleu chef ?
More Corbyn bleu?

Alistair20000

Not yet. However, I do a very good grasshoppers on toast and my barbecued scorpion tails are to die for. I also have a very good voice and my version of "You've lost that loving feeling" is highly recommended. I always sing while I cook, of course.
I will send you an application form.

Alistair20000

More Corbyn bleu?
Funnily enough when I typed in cordon bleu, predictive text changed it to Corbyn blue. I would have understood Corbyn red.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
I also have a very good voice and my version of "You've lost that loving feeling" is highly recommended.
Which Righteous Brother are you, Indo - the baritone or the falsetto?

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mention of Tedburn Towers reminds me that I was going to ask Al to lend me one his gardeners for a couple of weeks.

IndoMike

Which Righteous Brother are you, Indo - the baritone or the falsetto?
Depends how tight the trousers are.
It is a truly great song and I can assure you Ihat I do it beautifully.. Don't pay any attention to what my family says.

Spoonz Red E

Depends how tight the trousers are.
It is a truly great song and I can assure you Ihat I do it beautifully.. Don't pay any attention to what my family says.
'Unchained Melody' is the killer with it's high note. At my brother's wedding years ago they had a showband who would invite singers from the audience.
With this song they would 'check' the key with the singer before playing and then start the song in a higher key.