• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Private School

Leanord

GCSE's are only valid for 3 years, so why does it matter? A Levels are worth virtually nothing unless you want to go to university. If you go to uni though and do well, your set for life. But GCSE's are overated to be honest and paying through the nose to get good ones doesn't make too much sense.

Last edited:

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
GCSE's are only valid for 3 years, so why does it matter?
Where did you hear that?

Garth Crooks

Where did you hear that?
Don't start Hermo.

:cool:

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Where did you hear that?
It's not official but everyone knows if you don't use any level of educational qualification it is, in the main, disregarded after three years.

Leanord

When I applied for a job about 2 years ago and the guy who was interviewing me told me I didn't need to mention my GCSE's in my Cv anymore as they have become invalid after 3 years. He may have been wrong, but I have heard similar.

The_Original

The #1 MC in Devon, and Exeweb's top boy.
Private school is for w*nkers. You want to be going to a proper school like St Lukes.

mole221

I rejected the chance to sit an 11+ for Colyton. So glad I did. My school's now probably the best in Devon and I've got some really good mates as well.
I went to Colyton until I left to go to college last year. It was sh*te.

geoffwp

When I applied for a job about 2 years ago and the guy who was interviewing me told me I didn't need to mention my GCSE's in my Cv anymore as they have become invalid after 3 years. He may have been wrong, but I have heard similar.
I think it was more likely because the bloke who interviewed you didn't have a GCSE, was jealous of yours and wanted you to think they were worthless.

geoffwp

Private school is for w*nkers. You want to be going to a proper school like St Lukes.
Is that what used to be Vincent Thompson? If so, quality. Shame it had to move though.

Whiptonite

Resigned
The sport on offer at the secondary school I went to (QE) was dreadfull, facilities were very poor, the teaching was lapse and there just wasn't a competetive spirit.
Who was your English teacher?