• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pre season friendlies ?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Plus some maybes and some triallists.
Be just my luck that my second ever PSF will turn out like my first (*that* match at Aze 'n' Yeddin'!).

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We're up to six games now, and there's still a Saturday spare http://www.exeweb.com/2018/06/14/bristol-rovers-added-to-exeters-friendly-list/

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
One week to go to the first friendly. We might get to learn what Matt is up with the team, or given it's a friendly we'll learn absolutely nothing!

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Only a youth team playing at Bideford next week...two different 11’s will play a half each in the Truro match, pre season is going to tough this year with plenty of hard running that has already begun this week all this from MT

Langer

I understand a different side in each half gives everyone a run out but it's a bit pants from a spectator point of view.

denzel

I understand a different side in each half gives everyone a run out but it's a bit pants from a spectator point of view.
It might be but at least people know what to expect. And fans are welcome to watch friendlies, but their main aim is fitness for the players

Andy Holloway

Only a youth team playing at Bideford next week...two different 11’s will play a half each in the Truro match, pre season is going to tough this year with plenty of hard running that has already begun this week all this from MT
Do we assume that he said nothing then? As there was no quote attached!

fred binneys head

Do we assume that he said nothing then? As there was no quote attached!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iV_SH0Ge8SM

denzel

I see that an ECFC XI are playing Barnstaple on the 21st.

Last edited:

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyone think that only having 2 more first team friendlies before the first game against Carlisle is a bit concerning?

I know that a large number of players were involved in the play offs but the likes of Brown, Holmes, Martin, Croll, Law, Sparkes, Abrahams and any of the new signings still to join will be going into the season with limited minutes under their belts.

Appreciate this isn’t Taylor’s fault but we do seem light on games this pre season.