• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Port Vale v Exeter City Matchday Thread 29/9/2018

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Really enjoyable game I thought. Croll was my MoM, nothing got past him, the best I've seen him. Dodgy ref who won't be climbing the league ladder on that performance.

It was one of those games when you just knew they'd equalise and we'd end up rueing our missed chances. One great goalmouth scramble to enjoy too.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Any reports on Oyeleke? Always thought we didn't give him a fair chance at City.
Manny had a decent game and you wonder why our then manager wouldn't select him.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Really enjoyable game I thought. Croll was my MoM, nothing got past him, the best I've seen him. Dodgy ref who won't be climbing the league ladder on that performance.
Serious question: What about that referee was "dodgy" Billy; apart from the disputed added time?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Inconsistencies for one. Tillson saw yellow for a foul but the Vale RB got clean away with a foul on Martin on the wrong side of the touchline. Penalty decisions wrong for another- how Oggy got penalised for being on the end of a foul in the box is a mystery to me. Him and lino missed an off the ball incident involving Stockley and Legge. A blatent dive by their winger went by without a word. Typical L2 ref performance.

Red Devon

Just timed it again on the stopwatch. the time between full time whistle and whistle to restart play is actually longer than 40 secs.
Both Matt Taylor post match and Kirky on commentary said the ref went to blow for full time a split second before the ball went out for the corner what is your view on this??

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

It was one of those games when you just knew they'd equalise and we'd end up rueing our missed chances. One great goalmouth scramble to enjoy too.
We needed that second goal, we looked good going down the right but sometimes we over elaborated instead of just getting it in to the box.

What was the contretemps between Lee Martin and the ball boy about?

So, everyone present agrees the referee was dodgy!

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Both Matt Taylor post match and Kirky on commentary said the ref went to blow for full time a split second before the ball went out for the corner what is your view on this??
What does that mean, that he "went to blow for full time"? Not sure how he would do that without actually blowing for full time. I'm unable to replay it now, but it will be available to be replayed again tomorrow, I was paying attention to the clock and my stopwatch rather than looking at the ref's body language and can't check that now.

Red Devon

This game shows just how difficult and hard this league is...despite the gutting 97 minute equaliser I am delighted we have come away from this match with a point.

Pobbop

Ah well frustrating though it is, it's still an away point, and we are doing well with a few major injuries.

These crap things happen, and hopefully, we'll get a similar thing going for us later in the season.

Last edited:

Red Devon

What does that mean, that he "went to blow for full time"? Not sure how he would do that without actually blowing for full time. I'm unable to replay it now, but it will be available to be replayed again tomorrow, I was paying attention to the clock and my stopwatch rather than looking at the ref's body language and can't check that now.
I think they mean he raised his arm to blow but because the ball went for a corner he decided to play on....they both said it anyway