• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Port Vale v Exeter City Matchday Thread 29/9/2018

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well the bit about it being a stupid lie is a bit confusing as he hasn't quoted anything I've actually said that could be called a lie. If he means the counting of the time added on until they scored, that took me about 10 minutes to do and I was hoping the ref got it wrong and he should have stopped the game but couldn't find any evidence to suggest that. I promise you i'm not lying but if you want to believe that then fine.

Last edited:

Langer

Maybe the ref thought on the balance of play a draw was a fairer result.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
We needed that second goal, we looked good going down the right but sometimes we over elaborated instead of just getting it in to the box.

What was the contretemps between Lee Martin and the ball boy about?

So, everyone present agrees the referee was dodgy!
The ball boy had attitude. He hurled the ball back at Martin and it hit him in the midriff/stomach area.

Their dog mascot had attitude too but in a much more humourous way.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
One point the referee might have taken into account was the amount of time that Pym was down needing treatment. That seemed like 5 minutes in itself! Two PV players were constantly needling the referee when Pym was down, and I got the impression he was giving out assurances that time would be added. The camera didnt catch the Pym collision incident, and I doubt if the City fans at the far end could throw much light; either way, wrapping a gert big bandage around Pyms nut when there was no apparent blood injury seemed strange? Surely not a timewasting tactic? We are quite good at them in our own right.

fred binneys head

PeteUSA

If nothing else, I'm pleased those highlights show how well Pym did to put that ball up onto the crossbar; fans behind that goal will have had an excellent view of that strike. The commentators said that looked like a goal all over when matey whacked it!

Red Devon

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Last edited:

PeteUSA

That doesn't explain how their player went diwn injured after their goal.
Writhing in agony he was!

denzel

Just got back. What is the point in travelling 200 miles to see a game when the ref ruins it? He was oblivious to the real crime of the match, their number 5 stamping on Stockley. Keen to book our players because they weren't made of glass.
And whatever Antman says, there was no time wasting at any throw in and the whistle should have gone before the corner. If that is now the benchmark, 20 seconds should be added at every throw in, and the game lasts 200 minutes.

Ref ruined it for me.

Let's just take it out on Stevenage on Tuesday.