• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Play Devil's Advocate for a second. Say someone had made a false accusation of you, and the only way for you to exonerate yourself would be for a moderator to view the history of a post which clears your name - would you not want, nay expect, the moderator to come to your aid?

Tavyred (and, possibly, Al20k going by what he wrote a page or so later about replying to your post) saw what you had written before editing and responded accordingly. You denied (twice, I believe) all knowledge of this post having existed, leading to others wading in and accusing Tavyred of being a liar (which, without the evidence, was probably considered to be fair enough on their part), using this example specifically. IMO it was therefore my duty to report that Tavyred hadn't lied, and by perpetuating the myth that he lied you essentially perjured yourself - IMO an apology to Tavyred would have been appropriate rather than going on the offensive and accusing me of bias.

Better still, of course, would have been to let the post remain in place unedited and defend your position (which I'm sure you could have done - Spanky is doing a decent job of it on your behalf) rather than denying all knowledge.
I don't need your advice about what I post, what I edit or in general what I want to say. It's a forum for freedom of speech. I know the current Tories are control freaks, however

elginCity

As someone who (despite the claims of some on here) was neither a "Brexiteer" nor a "Remainer", and have never divulged online which way I voted...
I don't feel that anything sensitive was divulged....
Jason's considers carefully before divulging an individual's political voting history, or not. :ROFLMAO:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Jason's considers carefully before divulging an individual's political voting history, or not. :ROFLMAO:
Exactly - I didn't divulge online which way I voted, nor will I. However, had I done so, I'd have let it stay on record and defended my decision if necessary.

If Mike didn't want people to see which way he voted, he shouldn't have posted it in the first place. It's not that difficult to do - if I don't want people to read something about me, I won't post about it.

IndoMike

Repeat post
More than pot kettle black..
Regarding apologies : did Jason ever apologize to that Labour person in the Grenfell district? Cos Jason likes apologies

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Four other posters have accused Tavy of lying or not telling the truth
.(same thing) and I totally agree with their comments I don't see Tavy apologizing. Apologizing is a two-way street
Were said posters all doing so on the basis of you perjuring yourself? I know for certain one was, and it led to some quite personal attacks on Tavyred as a result. Do you not have a shred of remorse for your actions which caused this?

IndoMike

Were said posters all doing so on the basis of you perjuring yourself? I know for certain one was, and it led to some quite personal attacks on Tavyred as a result. Do you not have a shred of remorse for your actions which caused this?
No. Previous to and after too. It's a general opinion.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Regarding apologies : did Jason ever apologize to that Labour person in the Grenfell district? Cos Jason likes apologies
Here you go:

Ah, massive "whoops" moment from me here - I was duped into thinking the refurbishment in 2012 included the cladding when in fact this was installed in 2015/16.

Massive comedown from me on this score. Do carry on.

Doesn't make her any more of a pleasant individual in my mind, but she is totally absolved on this one, and I am happy to set the record straight from my end. And were she to be reading this I would apologise personally.

IndoMike

Here you go:
Did you apologize to her?. You were "duped"?
I'm just doing what you have done, Jason. The rules are the same for both of us, right!

elginCity

If Mike didn't want people to see which way he voted, he shouldn't have posted it in the first place. It's not that difficult to do - if I don't want people to read something about me, I won't post about it.
So what is the point of the edit function ? If not to give an individual the freedom to correct, amend, add, subtract or withdraw THEIR OWN words from public view, and for whatever personal reason ?

IndoMike

Here you go:
Would you mind posting your original post about that councillor?