• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plymouth Argyle vs Exeter City matchday thread

Terryhall

Argyle 1st XI 2 - 2 Exeter Reserves.

RogHK has summed it up nicely, no injuries, game time for fringe players - the 10k for a win would have been nice but this is fine in my book.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Argyle put out a strong team and scraped a draw losing a key player through injury to Troy. City played a team of players with less than the average game time and several youth. We had the lead twice and they were chasing us. We came away injury free. We came away with game experience for fringe players. We came away having rested lots of key players. They were desperate for some sort of result tonight as they are seriously in trouble and need a big boost. Chatting to their fans in a Devonport pub they are not happy off the field, more unhappy than on, and on is bad, so that sums them up.
FA cup soon. Proper Cup. Can't be having Tuesdays in this rust bucket trophy. Let them have their 30 seconds of glory. They've had their shot in the arm, their adrenalin rush will last a day or two, they are ill, they will be suffering again very soon. They shoot horses.
I thought they'd scuttle a sinking ship down at Devonport.

andrew p long

Bollox. A humiliation. We could only draw AWAY FROM HOME against a side a mere one division above us.
edited for factual

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
At least we can hopefully get out of this ridiculous terrible competition asap.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Has Lloyd James ever scored from a dead ball situation? Prefer him not to be taking our free kicks.

Matt Russell

At least we can hopefully get out of this ridiculous terrible competition asap.
Neither the manager or any players that have been interviewed share this opinion. It's a competition that ECFC are entered in and as such will always attempt to progress as far as possible. When there's a film on at my local cinema that I don't wish to see, I don't buy a ticket. The other thing I don't do is go on and on endlessly about how crap the film or its director is.

IndoMike

If we see this competition just as a chance to try out players in a relatively competitive environment I don't think it does any harm, win or lose.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tis was quite enthusiastic about the competition afterwards and the luxury of it is that the results don't really matter. Players like Matt Jay and Kane Wilson definitely benefit from having starts, which they are unlikely to get anywhere else, and formations and partnerships can be tried out which might one day have to be used in a league game because of injury. I don't care about the results in the competition but I would have really liked to have seen the team in action yesterday, especially Kyle Edwards playing ninety minutes.

andrew p long

anyone who saw the game able to update us on how individual players did - especially ones we haven't seen much of?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Brief highlights

[video=youtube;oHweZfbuu2U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHweZfbuu2U[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHweZfbuu2U