• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Players you admire/you'd like us to sign

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Saido berahino would be the perfect foil for Stockley !
I trust you're joking!?

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Saido berahino would be the perfect foil for Stockley !
He’s a perfect Tisdale striker signing - hardly ever plays and hardly ever scores

Alistair20000

He’s a perfect Tisdale striker signing - hardly ever plays and hardly ever scores
Does not meet the Proper Chap description though.

CREDYGRECIAN

Does not meet the Proper Chap description though.
True that.....

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
James Norwood anyone?

grecIAN Harris

James Norwood anyone?
I would. He's continually scored ever since he left us, 96 goals in 275 games (sub one in three which is always a good ratio).

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would. He's continually scored ever since he left us, 96 goals in 275 games (sub one in three which is always a good ratio).
Not convinced Norwood could step up.

CREDYGRECIAN

Not convinced Norwood could step up.
You’ll find out next season - if you can score in the conference consistently you’ll score in league 2 as well there is hardly any significant difference in standard as Lincoln have shown & we’ve shown before following promotion

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
You’ll find out next season - if you can score in the conference consistently you’ll score in league 2 as well there is hardly any significant difference in standard as Lincoln have shown & we’ve shown before following promotion
You mean like Fleetwood did 41 appearances 28 goals.

Pobbop

Tranmere have a decent amount of cash, lots of season ticket holders, and Norwood is their star player, if we wanted to prise him away we'd have to pay a decent wedge, it could only be a sideways move for him.

I'm not convinced it's worth it for a guy who will be 28 in September, and still hasn't scored a Football League goal, even if we could get him.

Look for someone younger in the lower leagues, cheaper and more potential. Who? i have no idea I don't follow non-League.

Oh and of course there's an huge difference in the standard of the Leagues, not at the top, but when you play part-timers at the bottom, it's gotta be easier to score.

Last edited: