• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Players you admire/you'd like us to sign

Temporarily Exiled

Where would we fit him in , not alongside Stockley? Big man height wise at 6' 5 "!
Backup to / competition for Stockley, if we stay in League 2. He did really, really well for Torquay, and can score goals in the right system and environment.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backup to / competition for Stockley, if we stay in League 2. He did really, really well for Torquay, and can score goals in the right system and environment.
I can see the cover thing , but I'd much sooner see us concentrate our fire on a good player to play off Stockley.
And what about Brunt and Simpson are they not enough cover especially as Simpson may still be under contract next season.

Temporarily Exiled

I can see the cover thing , but I'd much sooner see us concentrate our fire on a good player to play off Stockley.
And what about Brunt and Simpson are they not enough cover especially as Simpson may still be under contract next season.
I can only think that Tisdale doesn't rate Brunt, or we'd have actually seen him get a proper chance in the team. I have no idea if Simpson will be under contract next season - I presume not, given he was signed two years ago. Don't get me wrong, he's been alright for us of late, but he's 33 now and has struggled with injuries over the last year.

Blissett on the other hand is 27 and hasn't struggled with injuries over the last few years it seems. That said, I'd imagine that there are a fair few others in his style that could be seen as less of a gamble.

Red Monster

I can only think that Tisdale doesn't rate Brunt, or we'd have actually seen him get a proper chance in the team. I have no idea if Simpson will be under contract next season - I presume not, given he was signed two years ago. Don't get me wrong, he's been alright for us of late, but he's 33 now and has struggled with injuries over the last year.

Blissett on the other hand is 27 and hasn't struggled with injuries over the last few years it seems. That said, I'd imagine that there are a fair few others in his style that could be seen as less of a gamble.
Of course Tis rates Brunt that’s why we as a club are trying to get him back to full fitness after a career ending injury.
Both sides have got benefits Brunt is being given another chance and we’ve benefited as club by using his fitness club
and state of the art equipment.

As for Blissett he’ll sign for Macclesfield I should think, anyway I thought he would have done a bit better than
5 goals in 16 games for them seeing they were champions.

Alistair20000

Cheye Alexander has just left Aldershot, who I hear you say !

Good age, played a lot of games in the National league, has pace and energy.

The sort of player I'd be looking at.
You may very well look at him but with those attributes would The Cheese be interested ?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Of course Tis rates Brunt that’s why we as a club are trying to get him back to full fitness after a career ending injury.
Both sides have got benefits Brunt is being given another chance and we’ve benefited as club by using his fitness club
and state of the art equipment.
Sounds like a win win for Brunt, he must be delighted, he gets paid to be a part time footballer whilst his business generates revenue from the football club that pays him.

Alistair20000

No point trying to get him back to fitness if the injury was career ending. I assume Monster meant career threatening.

malcolms

Sounds like a win win for Brunt, he must be delighted, he gets paid to be a part time footballer whilst his business generates revenue from the football club that pays him.
The only way it can be "win win' is on the assumption that our commitment to giving him "a chance" is repaid by complimentary use of his facility....not impossible, but unlikely.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
The only way it can be "win win' is on the assumption that our commitment to giving him "a chance" is repaid by complimentary use of his facility....not impossible, but unlikely.
My post had a hint of irony Malcolms, my hunch is that Brunt is doing very well out of the deal.

Saido berahino would be the perfect foil for Stockley !