• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Player of the Season

Grecian_Matt

Voted for Taylor.

Outstanding season and without him would be a lot lower down the league.

Scores some important goals and works really hard.

TBH if we didn't have Stockley, we wouldn't be that much lower in the league.
We would be still be playing now with Reid and McAlinden - Don't forget we were on our best form when these two started.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
No one going for Lloyd James?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
No one going for Lloyd James?
Quickest sprint to Cambridge station post-match...!

OK, I'll reveal - I went for Pym. Has been a standout player throughout the season, and is showing consistently the promise he displayed in his early days with us.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Voted for Taylor.

Outstanding season and without him would be a lot lower down the league.

Scores some important goals and works really hard.

TBH if we didn't have Stockley, we wouldn't be that much lower in the league.
We would be still be playing now with Reid and McAlinden - Don't forget we were on our best form when these two started.
Only the greatest minds think alike (y)

iscalad

Quickest sprint to Cambridge station post-match...!

OK, I'll reveal - I went for Pym. Has been a standout player throughout the season, and is showing consistently the promise he displayed in his early days with us.
Yep, me too. Christy's had an excellent season.

geoffwp

Strikers always get the glory, but their goals are products of all the players behind them. Of course Stockley is a strong candidate, but others have their merits.
Disclaimer : I am not trying to sway people's opinions and am not related to Jake Taylor.
I was thinking very similar thoughts Mike. Agree with ramone as well, it's a difficult one this season with four players in my mind deserving but have gone for Taylor. Geddon buay, let's seal that with two goals tonight.

Terryhall

Have voted (but will keep my powder dry on who I voted for purely because 1st reply innit)
So now we are up to p3 of the thread, I voted for Boateng. He's been consistently good when I have seen him play (granted, only via iFollow) and is as effective in the tackle as he is getting forward and providing a goal threat or running the channels (and some great crosses for assists lately).

I also feel like he brings something to the team that we struggle to replace when he isn't available.

IndoMike

So now we are up to p3 of the thread, I voted for Boateng. He's been consistently good when I have seen him play (granted, only via iFollow) and is as effective in the tackle as he is getting forward and providing a goal threat or running the channels (and some great crosses for assists lately).

I also feel like he brings something to the team that we struggle to replace when he isn't available.
To be honest, Pym, Sweeney, JMT, Jake Taylor, Boateng and Stockley are all fair shouts and could get the vote.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
To be honest, Pym, Sweeney, JMT, Jake Taylor, Boateng and Stockley are all fair shouts and could get the vote.
Agreed, a hallmark of a successful season is when there are several truly deserving candidates for POTY. You look at tonight's oppo and they clearly appear to be a one man team.

IndoMike

Agreed, a hallmark of a successful season is when there are several truly deserving candidates for POTY. You look at tonight's oppo and they clearly appear to be a one man team.
Very true : it is a team game, after all is said and done