• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

player of the season?

sociald

Clearly its Bertie. I spent most of the Luton away game watching him warm up in anticipation.

Yorkie

What sort of reason is that to give it to him? If you think, hand on heart, he's played better than anybody else throughout the season, then give it to him but not because he claps longest and loudest at the end of a match and is a local boy.
Not deano's biggest fan, but no need to diss someone for the choice they make whatever the reasons. Deano for me too as i have already said, and i think he has been bloody awesome, Hand on heart Tis what i think.

ronniej

The travelling support.

Flackmeister

are u including when jones was keeping us in games thru the first month or 2 then?
granted he went a little quiet mid season but thats testament to the rest of the team not jones' detriment
can't think of too many specific examples of this. I can remember jones conceding a goal against shrewsbury which I thought he should have saved. the point is that matty gill has performed consistently well all season, whilst jones' form has been more sporadic. I would rate him as an average league 2 keeper, has some good performances but also makes some mistakes (Dagenham at home as one example).

Ian_Woodward

can't think of too many specific examples of this. I can remember jones conceding a goal against shrewsbury which I thought he should have saved. the point is that matty gill has performed consistently well all season, whilst jones' form has been more sporadic. I would rate him as an average league 2 keeper, has some good performances but also makes some mistakes (Dagenham at home as one example).
Sporadic??!! he's made about 4 mistakes all year, he's been anything but average. did you watch the chelsea - liverpool game last week, 2 top class keepers making mistakes.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sporadic??!! he's made about 4 mistakes all year, he's been anything but average. did you watch the chelsea - liverpool game last week, 2 top class keepers making mistakes.
You'll never convince people who can't see the bleeding obvious.

Average League 2 keeper..you're having a laugh. IF we get promotion he will be a good (hopefully very good) L1 keeper[ecfc]

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Gill for me. Most consistent performer and a hatful of goals to boot.

Grecian_in_Scotland

Jones and gill by far have been the two players who have kept us in the title race, so for me either one of them will do!;)

Bittners a Legend

I've voted Jones and think Gill is a close second ... but I suspect it will go to Moxey.

Grecian4eva

Also voted for Jones, 2nd would have been Gill, 3rd Taylor, but loads in contension which is good for the club.