• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

play off final or automatic promotion?

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Automatics please - didn't go to Wembley last year and would not go this year either if that happens to be our route to Div1

Grecian_Matt

Auto's all the way.

Let's go up give Tisdale some of the Ampadu money, and match his ambition and push for the Championship.

Even if it is just one season in the Championship I would take that.

ExeterCityLad

Auto's all the way.

Let's go up give Tisdale some of the Ampadu money, and match his ambition and push for the Championship.

Even if it is just one season in the Championship I would take that.
Next season definitely isn't the season to go for it. There is in theory only one automatic place up for grabs. Sunderland are going to walk the league with their 34m windfall from the parachute payments.

Should we go up this year, just survive up there and go for it the year after when it'll be less competitive.

Legohead

Banned
I think the culture at Sunderland needs to change before they can be deemed out and out league 1 winners next season. They are a huge club, have a high profile manager and will have huge resources for league 1 level but i feel these advantages will be cancelled out to some degree by the fact that behind the scenes it's a basket case. Until they've sorted that out then i won't be rushing to back them for the title although 'on paper' they should be a certainty.

I'm with ECL though in the fact that survival if we do go up is paramount. Anything above those relegation places and it's a bonus although i believe this squad is capable of surprising a few people.

InMyBlood

Automatically please. We have been to Wembley three times now and that's making the presumption we would win the play-offs.

contrabombarde

Automatically please. We have been to Wembley three times now and that's making the presumption we would win the play-offs.
This...

I don't think my nerves would stand up to another Wembley, and also it would be a welcome change to go straight up without the hassle, but that's not City is it?

Grecian_in_Plymouth

auto's but i'll suppprt the team via the play-offs -it can be a lottery.

would love a season in league 1

i really enjoyed last season and didnt mind the wembley loss, but it would be disappointing if we didnt go up. UTC

ecfc70

Autos for me, can't see anyone beating Lincoln if they're in the playoffs

Angus

Next season definitely isn't the season to go for it. There is in theory only one automatic place up for grabs. Sunderland are going to walk the league with their 34m windfall from the parachute payments.

Should we go up this year, just survive up there and go for it the year after when it'll be less competitive.
if we get promoted we should fully go for it. there's been so much history on double promotions. correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we finish a couple of points from the play offs in league one the year after our last promotion

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
I will correct you, our Caledonian bovine guest.

In actual FACT we just about managed to finish one point clear of the drop zone (thanks to that SRH wonder-strike against Huddersfield IIRC)

Still, no offence intended eh ;)