• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pitch Invasion at the Morecambe game!!!

Bugs

I'm just going to quietly wait until that Saturday and see what happens first. We have to play tomorrow yet. Just remember the last time we played Morecombe in front of a huge crowd for guaranteed promotion!
Now lets just wait and see and then just react with your heart and let your emotions go!

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I cant pitch invade as i will be up in the bb upper wheelchair area but will have fun watching the rest of you :D

the dog2

I for one remember invading the pitch in years gone by and would do it again but i think my zimmer frame might make some nasty holes in the playing surface.
But as others have said being owned by the fans we have too think about the consquences of our actions and we dont want too be spending more money than we need too on the playing surface than we need to by ruining it by thousands running on to Dacres acres.
So yes im a killjoy
STAY OFF THE PITCH!

MagzECFC

I for one remember invading the pitch in years gone by and would do it again but i think my zimmer frame might make some nasty holes in the playing surface.
But as others have said being owned by the fans we have too think about the consquences of our actions and we dont want too be spending more money than we need too on the playing surface than we need to by ruining it by thousands running on to Dacres acres.
So yes im a killjoy
STAY OFF THE PITCH!
Let's just put a tent (marquee) on it and have a end of season ball and a concert (y).

*Bang the drum*

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Serious question (for once). If the pitch is as rock hard as most of the grassy areas around the city have been of late when Morecambe come to town, and given that most people will be wearing trainers or other types of soft soled shoes, just what actual damage would we do to the pitch if we all run on and then mooch about for a bit? It's not like we have studs like the players do, nor will we be tackling etc, so what will do in a 20 minute wander?

Also, if it is the last game of the season and we do avoid the play-offs, then it'll have at least 10-12 weeks before it's needed to be used properly again. Having a marquee with 400+ people in it (plus a concert the night after) didn't seem to do it any harm last season.

Barum

i for one remember invading the pitch in years gone by and would do it again but i think my zimmer frame might make some nasty holes in the playing surface.
But as others have said being owned by the fans we have too think about the consquences of our actions and we dont want too be spending more money than we need too on the playing surface than we need to by ruining it by thousands running on to dacres acres.
So yes im a killjoy
stay off the pitch!
you grumpy old fart

Borat

So yes im a killjoy
STAY OFF THE PITCH!
Maybe relaying the pitch could mean moving it towards the big bank and start work on that away end ;)

Red Lion

And the CCTV at the club is a lot better then people think, QUOTE]

Is it as good as the tannoy?! :D

Firstly, if we don't actually clinch anything more than we already have after the Morecambe game, it would be foolish to screw the pitch we may need for the play-offs.

If we do, still no pitch invasion for me! My career in pich invasions began and ended in the Championship season. (Apart from, IIRC, 2 years or so before we dropped out of the league, last game of the season, Shrewsbury beat us 2-1 to stay up and it seemed a good idea.:S

Anyway, that was 19 years ago, I skipped down that 'so called' slope at the front of the Cowshed then sprinted about for ages going mental.

It probably wasn't too dignified, but much less embarrassing than nowadays, stumbling over the hoardings in front of the BB (mind you, I'll be in the Doble for that match) then hobbling up to the edge of the penalty box and collapsing breathlessly!

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
What a load of politically correct drivel has been written on this thread. If we have achieved promotion by the end of the Morecambe game then there will be a celebratory pitch invasion. The club know this and if they don't then they're living on cloud cuckoo land and the footballing powers know this and they will expect it. So long as all that happens is 'party' then nothing will happen. All this crap about fines and points deductions is nothing more than PC crap.

pincher

What a load of politically correct drivel has been written on this thread. If we have achieved promotion by the end of the Morecambe game then there will be a celebratory pitch invasion. The club know this and if they don't then they're living on cloud cuckoo land and the footballing powers know this and they will expect it. So long as all that happens is 'party' then nothing will happen. All this crap about fines and points deductions is nothing more than PC crap.
absolutley correct