• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pitch Invasion at the Morecambe game!!!

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't know. Too busy laughing, swearing, shouting, hugging to notice!
[y] Got to say that this was pretty much my reaction at the final whistle for Wembley, I didn't care about the pitch at all (not that you could get on it), I just wanted to shout and scream and hug all my mates.

One of my friends took a video, not sure if you can hear the final whistle but you certainly know when it goes :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrjanyeo/3446615165/

WARNING: I may have got carried away wanting the ref to blow up and subsequently there is some bad language.

MagzECFC

It can't be any worse than putting a giant tent up on the pitch can it?...

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I remember invading the pitch a couple of times as a boy during the 89/90 season. I guess one was for promotion and the other when we were crowned Div 4 Champions. It was great at the time but if the club make an announcement prior to the game asking for fans not to invade the pitch (which I reckon they will) I wont be invading.

Crazy Grecian

Lobster Claw, fancy replying to what you think of my last post? No true fan would condone costing the club money, would they? Unless you were to pay the fine out of your own pocket. And not to mention the police would claim that this will happen again and there will be even more increased policing costs.

Angelic, those were the old days. In more recent times there are fines, of that I can assure you. Brentford will get fined for their one the other day without a doubt.
I would stress to all fans attending our last home fixture against Morcambe NOT to invade the pitch, Altough we could potentially gain automactic promotion, The possibility of losing a few points by going onto the pitch is not worth it,
The players will most probably walk round each stand at the end of the game, or something like that as a thankyou.

Chalicefc3

Come play with us Danny, forever and ever and ever
So they would ban 1,000 people would they?
Well the Government fine people everyday - we could be looking at the Mark 2 version of the Telegraph Hill speed camera.
Maybe to avoid getting caught, we can all go out and buy Paul Tisdale face masks for the final match. That'd be very confusing!!

that would mean it would have to be worn all game and when entering the ground

Lister

FFS if we're promoted of course I'll invade the pitch. These things don't come round often, I agree in not doing it if we've still got possible play-off dates, but come on let's stop sanitising football please?

As a kid I used to love the en-of-season pitch invasion, to get a rare view from the pitch where my (shoddy at the time) heroes played. It's a real shame that there a lot of kids on the BB that haven't experienced that.
If promotion is not guaranteed then we shuold stay put, if promotion is clinched by this game I think you can put your mortgage on an invasion!

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well the Government fine people everyday - we could be looking at the Mark 2 version of the Telegraph Hill speed camera.
Maybe to avoid getting caught, we can all go out and buy Paul Tisdale face masks for the final match. That'd be very confusing!!
People should never, ever get caught at that speed camera. It's fairly blatent and most people are stupid enough to ride the brakes all the way down the hill. Back when I was working in Plymouth I worked out that if I was doing a certain speed (*ahem*) as I passed the turn off at the top then I could hit 70 (*ahem*) pretty much exactly as I passed the camera, all without touching a single pedal all the way down.

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can't believe some of the responses here.

You don't egt fined for a pitch invasion :S Eespecially when everyone runs on. Even little pitch invasions like Us at Gravsend (anyone remember that?) Bradford at Grimsby last year and Vale at Shrewsbury this year, nothing ever happens...

Lighten up people, if we get promoted that day, I'l be on there in a flash. If not Rotherham it is ;)

Mr Bridger

I would stress to all fans attending our last home fixture against Morcambe NOT to invade the pitch, Altough we could potentially gain automactic promotion, The possibility of losing a few points by going onto the pitch is not worth it,
The players will most probably walk round each stand at the end of the game, or something like that as a thankyou.
Are you being serious,there is no chance of losing any points because of a pitch invasion. In recent weeks coins, bottles and god knows what have been thrown at players and referees at different games around the country, some shown on tv, and whats been done about? nothing.
I also remember going on the pitch 89/90, Richard Young had his shirt off and had it wrapped around his arm,there was a few of us trying to get it off him but he was having none of it. It was amazing thousands on the pitch,what a buzz.
Enjoy it, its been 19 years and you dont know when the next one will come along,if we are up get on the pitch, CELEBRATE, i know one player that will be right in the middle of it all.

ON THE PITCH ON THE PITCH ON THE PITCH