• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Physio Team depart SJP

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
The falling out rumours are so dull and boring, just people claiming to have inside knowledge because they know that it won’t ever be commented on by the club. Think the rumour began because he left before the end of the season, but as Matt admitted strength and conditioning is a long process, hence why you’d rather get a replacement in as early as possible if Wiseman wanted to leave.
So the strength and conditioning coach leaves and then both physios follow shortly after and you don't think its being realistic to consider there's been a fall out.

People fall out in all walks of employment and leave so why would it be any different in football, in fact its safe to assume its more paramount in football as its such a passionate and competitive environment.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
The falling out rumours are so dull and boring, just people claiming to have inside knowledge because they know that it won’t ever be commented on by the club. Think the rumour began because he left before the end of the season, but as Matt admitted strength and conditioning is a long process, hence why you’d rather get a replacement in as early as possible if Wiseman wanted to leave.
But a strength and conditioning coach leaving a couple of weeks before the end of the season? So we are without an allegedly important role at a key time. If it was all amicable and sensible it could be agreed and announced that he is leaving at the end of the season and the search starting before that.

Frankly, whilst I claim no inside knowledge, this catalogue of departures is rather worrying; it is very easy to get rid of people; as MT keeps saying, it is recruiting the right/better people that is really difficult.

benjisheps

Something Definitely went on with Andrew Wiseman as the club had to ask Stuart James (from the echo) to give him a lift to the Northampton away game.

In terms of Adey and Jess leaving all I know is that Adey's main sport and love is actually rugby. He almost left a couple of years ago to head out to Australia to work with a pro Rugby team out there but was persuaded to stay on at City with the understanding that he would be leaving at some point.

StudentGrecian

But a strength and conditioning coach leaving a couple of weeks before the end of the season? So we are without an allegedly important role at a key time. If it was all amicable and sensible it could be agreed and announced that he is leaving at the end of the season and the search starting before that.

Frankly, whilst I claim no inside knowledge, this catalogue of departures is rather worrying; it is very easy to get rid of people; as MT keeps saying, it is recruiting the right/better people that is really difficult.
But I don’t believe it to be a key time for a strength and conditioning coach, he isn’t a physio who gets players with knocks ready for the next game, his goals are long term fitness to reduce the likelihood of injuries.

I’m not saying that nothing went on, I have no knowledge either way! But if you start believing the numerous fall outs that have been proposed this season then MT must be rubbing people up the wrong way. People were stating that Luke Croll had fallen out with MT because he was nowhere to be seen, yet he was just long term injured.

Ash

But I don’t believe it to be a key time for a strength and conditioning coach, he isn’t a physio who gets players with knocks ready for the next game, his goals are long term fitness to reduce the likelihood of injuries.

I’m not saying that nothing went on, I have no knowledge either way! But if you start believing the numerous fall outs that have been proposed this season then MT must be rubbing people up the wrong way. People were stating that Luke Croll had fallen out with MT because he was nowhere to be seen, yet he was just long term injured.
True enough, but this does look unusual. Then there's the Aaron Martin situation - there's no way he didn't get a look in after October based on form alone!!

Stelios

I saw on Jess Preece's instagram ("research purposes") she is starting a Physiotherapy degree at Bristol in September.

Is Don Revie available?

tavyred

Merely hired hands, good opportunity for MT to get his own type of people in.

malcolms

Merely hired hands, good opportunity for MT to get his own type of people in.
Probably right...You have to ask yourself whether City have performed in the context of fitness and endurance over the season? When you look at Sweeney and one or two others, you have to conclude that "strength and conditioning" would not fit the description...It could be that MT is removing the last vestiges of PT's cozy cabal..

fred binneys head

Probably right...You have to ask yourself whether City have performed in the context of fitness and endurance over the season? When you look at Sweeney and one or two others, you have to conclude that "strength and conditioning" would not fit the description...It could be that MT is removing the last vestiges of PT's cozy cabal..
That’s my thought too, geddon Matt.

Stelios

Has been my main gripe with Sweeney for a few seasons now. He might just be one of those lads who is just naturally a bit 'chubby' (like Luke Shaw at Man U or Wayne Rooney) and will always be that way. But he just doesn't look fit enough some days. He always looks like a player whose coming back from a long injury layoff rather than someone who tends to play 90 minutes every week! All their fitness numbers must be monitored etc (you assume?!)

Same with Troy Brown. Obviously just naturally a 'big lad' but I didn't think he looked fit enough to be playing 90 minutes when he came back and not surprised he broke down again.