• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Physio Team depart SJP

Stelios

I may be wrong,but I don’t think PT had a strength & conditioning coach..I seem to recall at the fans forum with MT pre season MT said that the club were appointing a strength & c coach to try & hot have the injuries that seemed to blight Tisdales last couple of seasons at SJP.

Obviously not worked in the season that has just finished..I don’t know what happened but a lot of games that I saw towards the end of the season the players seemed out on their feet by about 75mins..Especially apparent in the home game against Mansfield & the aways at Macc & Cheltenham.
Yes the squad seemed to be running on fumes mostly by the end (Lee Martin and Bowman looked fit though).

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Or post 16, Page 2 of this very thread(!)
Great pic of Don Revie who always gave his players a massage after training..Just a mystery why he was wearing a Arsenal shirt ??...(a great shirt before it was ruined by adverts/sponsors)

Stelios

Great pic of Don Revie who always gave his players a massage after training..Just a mystery why he was wearing a Arsenal shirt ??...(a great shirt before it was ruined by adverts/sponsors)
I wondered about that too. I even looked him up because I didn't associate him with Arsenal (he never was associated with them). Personally, I prefer the content of Ms Preece's instagram account but we're not allowed to discuss that sort of thing here.

I wonder if it was a testimonial or charity game?

Oldsmobile-88

Yes the squad seemed to be running on fumes mostly by the end (Lee Martin and Bowman looked fit though).

It seemed that way....Never really seen a Grecian team that cream crackered,not as if they had a fixture backlog either with our non cup runs !

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I may be wrong,but I don’t think PT had a strength & conditioning coach..I seem to recall at the fans forum with MT pre season MT said that the club were appointing a strength & c coach to try & hot have the injuries that seemed to blight Tisdales last couple of seasons at SJP.
Think Bertie [Cozic] was employed in some kind of part-time capacity towards the end of Tis’ tenure but, plainly, Matt Taylor thought the role should be a full-time one.

Spoonz Red E

A quick Google search gives the answer
"Don Revie (England Manager) in an Arsenal shirt, gives Dennis Tueart a body massage after training. England training session @ highbury, Nov 1976.
Credit : Colorsport / Andrew Cowie"

http://prints.colorsport.co.uk/football/don-revie-england-manager-gives-dennis-5249731.html

J-Han

Jess is off to uni and Adey is off to pastures new on their own accord. Sometimes not everything is a big conspiracy.

elginCity

Jess is off to uni and Adey is off to pastures new on their own accord. Sometimes not everything is a big conspiracy.
With the Notts Forest Academy, apparently, and taken a pay drop to do so !

Temporarily Exiled

With the Notts Forest Academy, apparently, and taken a pay drop to do so !
Must've fancied a move up north. Does he have family up there?

elginCity

Must've fancied a move up north. Does he have family up there?
No idea, but I guess so.