• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Phil Brown

citydrinker

2 minute hobble from the nearest pub. Or in it.
Nothing unsavoury at all. He has one of those really annoying booming voices that a number of people mimicked which he didn't seem to like. However his reaction was simply disgraceful.
I see.
People in the Stand took the mickey out of him.
Hmmm.
Not excusing any foul language, but was this isolated pee taking, or sustained juvenile behaviour?.

grecian

No you don't - how many people get thrown out in comparison to the amount of times you hear a swear word during a game from the terraces

There would hardly be anyone in the ground left

In terms of the children thing - it's football & rightly or wrongly swearing is part & parcel of the game

If you don't want your child to hear it you shouldn't take them because it's always gonna happen - regardless of it being right or wrong
Children's are the future supporters of the club and right or wrong should not be be subjected to foul and abusive language directly subjected towards the stands from the benches.Yes you are going to get swearing but he aimed it right at the family stand .

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Children's are the future supporters of the club and right or wrong should not be be subjected to foul and abusive language directly subjected towards the stands from the benches.Yes you are going to get swearing but he aimed it right at the family stand .[/QUOTE

Did he know it was a family stand ?

Doubtful

Nobody want kids to hear swearing but it's gonna happen at football simple as

grecian

Children's are the future supporters of the club and right or wrong should not be be subjected to foul and abusive language directly subjected towards the stands from the benches.Yes you are going to get swearing but he aimed it right at the family stand .[/QUOTE

Did he know it was a family stand ?

Doubtful

Yes I except what your saying but why did the stewards not at least speak to him or the fourth official and bring it to his attention after all there were enough complaints and I shall be saying this when I speak to the club on monday .

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

In terms of the children thing - it's football & rightly or wrongly swearing is part & parcel of the game

If you don't want your child to hear it you shouldn't take them because it's always gonna happen - regardless of it being right or wrong
This would only be said by someone who doesn't have young kids. When they come Creds, you'll change your tune.

IndoMike

Swear words have now become a common part of English Language usage. I don't think it's the words themselves that can upset the kids, but the anger which is sometimes behind the swear words. But let's not be hypocritical about this : you think school kids don't hear these words in the playground every day, or even in some homes?

Antony Moxey

Swear words have now become a common part of English Language usage. I don't think it's the words themselves that can upset the kids, but the anger which is sometimes behind the swear words. But let's not be hypocritical about this : you think school kids don't hear these words in the playground every day, or even in some homes?
Undoubtedly, but as a parent you don't want to appear to be condoning such language. No-one wants to hear ten year olds effing and blinding and casually throwing in the c-word as if it's just another throwaway comment.

I'm probably worse than most, but if there's kids around I always moderate my language. its not difficult regardless of the situation and would have been no problem at all for Brown to have done the same and said something different. He knew full well there were kids there and were it me I'd definitely not have said that. I guess that's his mentality though.

angelic upstart

Undoubtedly, but as a parent you don't want to appear to be condoning such language. No-one wants to hear ten year olds effing and blinding and casually throwing in the c-word as if it's just another throwaway comment.

I'm probably worse than most, but if there's kids around I always moderate my language. its not difficult regardless of the situation and would have been no problem at all for Brown to have done the same and said something different. He knew full well there were kids there and were it me I'd definitely not have said that. I guess that's his mentality though.
I swear like a ****ing trooper, that said, I moderate my language according to where I am. Why people seem to think its okay to shout swear words in front of loads of randoms says more about them and their poor standards than anything else.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
This would only be said by someone who doesn't have young kids. When they come Creds, you'll change your tune.
Maybe

But swearing has always been at football and always will be

Antony Moxey

Maybe

But swearing has always been at football and always will be
Of course, but wait until you take your tackers up there for their first ever game - a proud moment for any dad, you wait and see - and I guarantee you'll be wincing more than once at what's going in little ears. :)