• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Phil Brown

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
It's not about whether Phil Brown was in the wrong, it's another example of feeling sore as we lost again late in the game and some don't like it. had we gone down the over end and scored I am sure he would have been given it back just as bad , and this thread would be somewhat different.

A Slacker

I fully accept that swearing is part and parcel of attending football matches and of course it goes on. However in the Family Stand in Block C I rarely hear any bad language because people who sit there accept that it is a "Family Stand". Regardless of where I sit it is totally unacceptable for a paid employee of another club, in a position of responsibility, to turn round and call a section of fans what he did. He has to take responsibility for his behaviour and actions.

Grecian_Jay

I fully accept that swearing is part and parcel of attending football matches and of course it goes on. However in the Family Stand in Block C I rarely hear any bad language because people who sit there accept that it is a "Family Stand". Regardless of where I sit it is totally unacceptable for a paid employee of another club, in a position of responsibility, to turn round and call a section of fans what he did. He has to take responsibility for his behaviour and actions.
Yet it is fine for Tisdale to do the same and fine for Perryman to offer out his own fans.

A Slacker

It's not about whether Phil Brown was in the wrong, it's another example of feeling sore as we lost again late in the game and some don't like it. had we gone down the over end and scored I am sure he would have been given it back just as bad , and this thread would be somewhat different.
No it's not. I'm an Exeter City fan who is very used to conceding last minute goals. He was totally out of order. We have had some poorly behaved managers in recent times (Mr Evans of Rotherham for example) but no one has reacted in this way.

A Slacker

I think it has been suggested that there was provocation before Tisdale and Perryman reacted. They were totally out of order, however all people in the OG did was mimic him. There was no unpleasantness.

Last edited:

Grecian_Jay

I think it has been suggested that there was provocation before Tisdale and Perryman reacted. All people in the OG did was mimic him.
So suddenly it isn't about the language being used, it's about whether there was provication? Jeez double standards or what.

A Slacker

So suddenly it isn't about the language being used, it's about whether there was provication? Jeez double standards or what.
I edited my previous post to make it clear that Tisdale and Perryman were totally out of order. There was no real nastiness aimed at Phil Brown, just an attempt to take the mick. Situations incomparable.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Can we think of anything else to moan about ?

Swearing

Nasty teams

Thuggish teams

Time wasting

It's football - it ain't a night at the theatre

Red Monster

Yet it is fine for Tisdale to do the same and fine for Perryman to offer out his own fans.
This is about Phil Brown not Paul Tisdale I know your obsessed with him but.(tisdale)

Grecian_Jay

This is about Phil Brown not Paul Tisdale I know your obsessed with him but.(tisdale)

It is relevant to the conversation (which you aren't part of), if you don't like it then don't comment.