• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Peter Crouch - Donkey or Player ??

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think Robbo is a touch blinkered...I'll admit Crouch is better than Heskey but neither are England players....ever.

LammieLammieLammie

One of the Problems I have with Crouch (apart from the fact that Fullsy rates him) is the following....

Liverpool FC, Great tradition, won it 5 times and all that malarky, had some truly great centre forwards ....

Peter Crouch won't be one we all remember as one of them in 30 years time..

Martin Samuel in the Times wrote a great article about Crouch and Owen after the Myopic scousers were singing "Where were you in Istanbul" to Owen recently... it will take Crouch the best part of 18 seasons to score the same number of goals that Owen did for the Reds if he carries on his scoring ratio...

Credy, you are a hard man regarding the title of the thread....

Not a bad player, but at Southampton, yes.

At Liverpoool, Not for me.

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
CREDYGRECIAN said:
Moxers your always picking faults and misread what ive said and tried to use my comments in getting others to have a go - its pathetic your a top poster but you unlike Spicy can let it rest
There are the faults credy....

It's "you're", not "your"....and don't forget your apostrophes......

And also, "they're" as in "they're crap", not "there" or "their"......

As for whether Crouch is good, he hasn't been bad since the start of December, but before then, I always thought he was crap and that purchasing him was the biggest mistake Rafa Benitez had ever made at Anfield.......

Red Robbo

angelic upstart said:
I think Robbo is a touch blinkered...I'll admit Crouch is better than Heskey but neither are England players....ever.
Where did I say they are good enough to be England players? Or that Crouch is better than Owen or any other striker that Liverpool have had? That would be pushing it!

angelic upstart

Sorry Robbo if you dont think your top striker should be playing for his country....Liverpool have gone down in everyones estimations these days obviously.

Red Robbo

angelic upstart said:
Sorry Robbo if you dont think your top striker should be playing for his country....Liverpool have gone down in everyones estimations these days obviously.
No one will argue that. Not even the most ardent Liverpool supporter. Untill we are Premiership winners including a bag full of other trophies we will not be satisfied.

Grecian2K

Back to the original question-

I think "Eeyore".....

...to play for England!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Watching him last night, I have to say donkey.

Poultice

Watching him last night, I have to say donkey.
Make you right son.

Crouch though his 7 foot 6 is sh*te in the air just dosnt make sense,very lucky to have played for England and indeed Liverpool but to be fair his scored a few vital goals for both teams but missed twice as many.