• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pete. The keeper let a goal in!

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjenkin
Duffy was Ok

No, he wasn't.

He was superb. Again.[/QUOTE]

Duffy is a great defender who reads the game incredibly well. I just somtimes worry about his distribution of the ball after he has worked his magic.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
If Hamer puts in a few good performances, then get ready for certain people to come and tell us that Jones was the worst keeper we've ever had, without him we'd be in the Premier League by now, he is cruel to animals and so on and on and on and on.

I wasn't. Nor were any of the people in my vicinity, on the Big Bank. As far as I could tell, the overriding concern of the Big Bankers was City's inability to retain possession in the 2nd half. Next to no-one anywhere near me voiced any opinions about Hamer.

Though there were some ironic groans when he scuffed his 1st kick, then fell over.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Hamer puts in a few good performances, then get ready for certain people to come and tell us that Jones was the worst keeper we've ever had, without him we'd be in the Premier League by now, he is cruel to animals and so on and on and on and on.
I just can't believe that Tisdale would sign a keeper who is cruel to animals.

LOG

I just can't believe that Tisdale would sign a keeper who is cruel to animals.
He was ok when he first came. It was the haters what done it.

Tisdale didn't sign him btw.

DJH2005

I thought he looked ok, decent enough. Couple of minor moments, but overall, a good debut. Not MOTM though, never in a million/13.

Defence is what concerns me more, much more.

grecIAN Harris

He did OK with minimal fuss although had so little to do.
Only it wasn't punctuated by a Grade A c*ck up a la Jonesy. A step in the right direction surely?

oldbutwise

Today i actually felt confident when our goalkeeper was on the ball haa

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Only it wasn't punctuated by a Grade A c*ck up a la Jonesy. A step in the right direction surely?
:D

I'm truly baffled by some of the posts on here, as I'm sure they're possibly baffled by mine. One of Hamer's first touches was to save Tully scoring an own goal, there was an incident where Hamer had to come out and play sweeper and managed to direct the header not only away from goal and the striker but to a city player in space. Then there was a shot through the crowd that he couldn't have seen but still got down well to save, and another goalbound header through a crowd through a crowd that he caught, caught.

And then there was THE save of the game.

Not to mention the fact that he was always bellowing at a disorganised defence and managing at times to maintain some resemblance of order.

On his debut!!!

dommers

One of Hamer's first touches was to save Tully scoring an own goal
Very true and had they scored it would have been Tully's fault, although I can't help but think if the same happened with Jones in goal then it would have Jones' fault.